Sign in to follow this  

My 07

its new guys.haha yer havent thrown it away just yet. put a massive 30 mins on it last night ;(

still waiting on my backgrounds. 3 week waiting period around this time

was alot diffrent to the 125. seemed heavier, but the power spread is really good. didnt push to hard but i can tell its going to eat up the stutters bumps :applause:...

but god dam 4 strokes are a bitch to start. hopefully will get it sussed

The starting will get easier as it breaks in and you get the carb tuned properly. When my motor was stock I could start my bike with a glove on my hand.

Sickkk bike did you put the 06 exhaust on it?? Ive been seeing a few 07s with 06 exhaust?? Do some come like that?

Sickkk bike did you put the 06 exhaust on it?? Ive been seeing a few 07s with 06 exhaust?? Do some come like that?

im in Australia so that might make a diffrence in regards to the exhaust mate

just 2 more questions. would it be alright to change my oil after 30mins of riding? or should i leave the 'running in' oil in there for another 30mins?

and i have been told to bleed the cam feed oil line when i change the oil.can anybody tell me how i do this? i searched and cant find it in the manual

thanks

Yes I would change your oil after 30mins. It will not hurt the motor at all the change it in the first 30mins. It will be the best for your motor. You do not have to bleed the cam feed oil line on these new bikes. That was a extra thing you could do on the older motors to make sure it wasn't air locked, when you changed the oil to make sure it will pump oil on your first start up.

Also I would keep up on your oil changes after the break in..

Were in the same boat. Ive been riding a 125 and recently purchased an 07 YZ250F. It's my first 4 stroker. So far I love it. My only complaint so far is changing the oil. I don't understand why they made the oil screen so difficult to get to.

Enjoy

Were in the same boat. Ive been riding a 125 and recently purchased an 07 YZ250F. It's my first 4 stroker. So far I love it. My only complaint so far is changing the oil. I don't understand why they made the oil screen so difficult to get to.

Enjoy

You only have to remove that screen after the motor is first broken in, and when the cases are split, or unless your motor blew...

Normal oil changes, it's a waste of time to remove.