Sign in to follow this  

WNYMA, Who's all Joining This Season????

Hey I'll be joining up this season. Im going to be running the 06YZ250F in the 125C class, It'll be my first year on the circuit, and I know absolutely nobody. I'd rather be able to meet some people and have some people to talk to when I'm there, so if you're joining up let me know.

Hey I'll be joining up this season. Im going to be running the 06YZ250F in the 125C class, It'll be my first year on the circuit, and I know absolutely nobody. I'd rather be able to meet some people and have some people to talk to when I'm there, so if you're joining up let me know.

Cool man, me too. I'm pretty new to this whole racing thing, so I barely know anyone aswell. It would be cool to meet up with some of you guys at the races. :applause: I suck though, I'm only a beginner, so don't expect much. :applause: But hey, I'm having a hell of a time.

There's nothing wrong with being a beginner! You guys watch the experts race, the experts watch you guys race. It all balances out. I'll be around this season. There's a lot of peeps that race from Canada so I'm sure you will meet people that are around you. I know a lot ride at Area 51. They (A51)also accept Canadian money as well. If you guys can afford it, try going to one of Cory Kandefer's motocross school. You would be surprised at how much faster you become. The first one is May 5th.

Any Wny riders reading this....The snow is melting fast and you can almost ride at the Mix Rd riding spot in Medina!

Only 32 more days till first race!!

There's nothing wrong with being a beginner! You guys watch the experts race, the experts watch you guys race. It all balances out. I'll be around this season. There's a lot of peeps that race from Canada so I'm sure you will meet people that are around you. I know a lot ride at Area 51. They (A51)also accept Canadian money as well. If you guys can afford it, try going to one of Cory Kandefer's motocross school. You would be surprised at how much faster you become. The first one is May 5th.

Any Wny riders reading this....The snow is melting fast and you can almost ride at the Mix Rd riding spot in Medina!

Only 32 more days till first race!!

If you guys can afford it, try going to one of Cory Kandefer's motocross school. You would be surprised at how much faster you become. The first one is May 5th.

I did one of those along time ago on my 80. Now that I'm really getting into it I'll have to look into doing it again this year. Cory's a great guy.

You don't happen to know Mark Peretta (sp?) by any chance do you? I know its a long shot...

Never herd of it?

You don't happen to know Mark Peretta (sp?) by any chance do you? I know its a long shot...

Does not sound familiar

Never herd of it?

I'll let you know when the snow melts. Its a sand quarry that everyone rides at.

Yea a school with Cory would be pretty cool, I need some time on that track before i hit a couple of those triples. I was going to take one last year but it was too late when I called in.

Can anyone tell me how the tracks are? Ive rode area 51, and seen a few short videos of Silver Springs. Are all the tracks as nice a A51?

Are all the tracks as nice a A51?

No. But they are nice. Silver Springs has nice bathrooms and a few bike wash areas (free water and built in bike stands). Palmyra has a nice facility. I heard they are adding another track, so the parking will be more cramped. Frozen Ocean is nice but a hell of a drive from Buffalo.

Alright Im pretty close to Buffalo, so I probably wont make it to the frozen oceans races.

Im looking at hitting A51, Palymra and Silver Springs, and maybe Freedom (I hope I didn't overlap, I'm not 100% sure about the names of the tracks and the names of the towns)

Frozen Ocean is nice but a hell of a drive from Buffalo.

I love Frozen, awesome tracks, and the owner Bill Denman is really nice as well. :applause:

This will be my 4th year going there, and probably the only think they could improve on would be changing up their practice track a little bit. It's been the same for a while. But fun nonetheless.

The WNYMA handbook should be at your door very soon, if you signed up. wnyma.com has a online version you can check out. Kevin from 411 films just got the job for doing the website so it may be down for some needed revamping. Inside the handbook you will find all the tracks with driving directions and addresses if you want to mapquest. It also has the rules and class definitions. Once you get your handbook, fill out the info and mail it out with the check to Terri Clark so she can get to processing it before she gets bogged down.

Oh yeah, 31 days!!

:applause:

I got my handbook today, but still not the membership card.

cmb or someone....

How do the trophies and payback work? I have read the handbook quite a few times now, but it's still kind of confusing to me (I just need to hear it in lame mans terms). For example do you get trophies after every race? How many places get them? Are they all handed out at the banquet at the end of the year? Also how does the series (spring, summer, fall) work... like that’s what you’re racing for, right? To win that series?

IDK, I guess the nerves of racing are settling in again! And there’s a lot of things I don't understand...

Thanks, and like I said, I'm a big noob. Its hard starting from scratch when no one in your family know a thing about mx. I appreciate any help.

Oh yeah one more, It says WNYMA points race then some it doesn’t and says something else (ex. Gold cup or Senior Fall Classic race)… Does that mean the races it doesn’t say points race you don’t get any points for WNYMA?

Then again thanks for the help and sorry for the lack of knowledge. :lol:

Whoo settle down beavis!! Your membership card will arrive after you sent in your application and check in. They have to figure out who has what for numbers and such.

Trophies won during the race depends on how many riders are in that race. The more the riders, the more trophies. You can choose trophy or "track bucks". You can get your trophy at the end of the race after everything has been figured out and any protests settled. The series races (check the schedule) are divided up in to 3...spring, summer, fall. Whoever had gotten enough points to win a series trophy can collect at any of the races in the next series, or at the banquet. Also if you get enough points to advance into a higher class, you will be given an award at the banquet. If you advance in class you can run the old class till the next series or move up before, it's up to you. I would just concentrate on one race at a time, not the series. Hope this helps. Now iI'm confused. This is how they did it last year, but may have changed something this year.

I am #903 on a 2006 Kawasaki KX450F. I really don't know to many people out there, everyone seems cool though. I am not sure how many races I will attend, it is getting expensive! I love practicing at Mix Rd.. The only thing that sucks is that it lacks ramps! I have ridden out in Sodus, it is cool there, I look forward to exploring the trails.