YZ250F aftermarket clutch????

I would not just get a aftermarket clutch just to get it, but if it is time for a replacement, usually OEM is the way to go for plates, and fibers, but some guys run honda fibers w/ yamaha metal plates on their YZF's.

So to answer your question, if you need a new basket I would get wiseco's basket b/c they are forged, and for fibers I would get the Honda 250f ones and for metals I would get yamaha, for springs I would get Barnet springs (or any other aftermarket company) and if you need a pressure plate or any other piece I would still get wiseco.

Hinson basket, inner basket and pressure plate with OEM Yam metals and fibers and either PC clutch springs or Cannon Racecraft clutch springs. You waste your money on aftermaket clutch plates, we have used most at one time or another and now use nothing but OEM. Hinson components allow more oil into clutch plates.

with my hinson clutch the instuctions called for oem plates. I figure i will stick with them since the first set of plates lasted a whole season.(and still worked when pulled, pulled out good to keep as a complete spare).

Tell your dealer to get you oem fibers and metals for 85$. They are still making $$ on that and there is no reason they should charge you the $130 they are retail.

Oh yeah if you keep an eagle eye on ebay you can find hinson parts on there for cheap sometimes.

Well, thank you all for the help. :applause: Lol and to respond the the first person who answered my question, I'm not replacing my clutch just for the sake of replacing it. I run my bike pretty hard and i warped my old plates and my clutch was dragging and stalling my engine because it was still slightly in gear when I had the clutch lever fully engaged... I'm fixing the bike up this weekend so i wanted to know... :applause: