Sign in to follow this  

Sweet home Alabama?

Hello, my name is Bryant Hunter and I just moved back to alabama from California where I had been for 3 years. I'm truly going to miss riding in sothern cal, but its nice to be home I guess. I have been totally out of touch with whats going on around the Central Alabama area (Prattville, Montgomery) in the dirt riding world. Once this damn knee heals up, I'll be back at it every weekend hopefully. I heard Monster Mountain MX is under new ownership or somthing and shaped their act up.

Can anyone testify on the status of the local tracks/areas now? :applause:

We're going to Monster Mountain Saturday... last time I was there was 2004 (and before that was 2002), so I'll try to post back and give an update. big Cedar is another newer track in the area. They are hosting a Loretta Lynn qualifier pretty soon too. And Mill Creek in Pell City is one of my favorite Alabama tracks. :applause:

Guys I can testify that it is imaculate. Great track. I hope to see you there this Saturday. I'll be on a Green Trailblazer and ride a yz450.

Oh, I have an 05 crf 450 for sale if you know someone thats looking.

David

Where is this Monster Mountain place and what kind of tracks do they have?

Welcome back to the south. Alabama can be kind of dull compared to the wide open spaces, but it's got the greatest PEOPLE you are going to find anywhere. And the trail riding ain't half bad either.

WAR EAGLE!

Where is this Monster Mountain place and what kind of tracks do they have?

WAR EAGLE!

Outdoor national, supercross, vintage, and a pit bike track as well as trails. It's in Tallassee

put it this way I've got in the truck and drove 12 plus hours to get to this track. I've been to all the tracks in S. Ca. drove to Md to race am day at Budds Creek and I will say this to anyone. If you don't like monster mt. something is wrong with you. It is one of the best tracks that I've ever rode on. It has a big mix of jumps, hills, rythem sections,etc. It is good for all skill riders. From what I've heard the old owners didn't really keep it up and some people don't want to drive to check it out. The NEW owner is doing such a good job w/ the track. There are RV sites, bathrooms, Food, etc. What more could you ask for. Check out the photos in the link above the is about MonsterMX