Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura screen spark arrestor label help.

I have a full Yoshimura exhaust on my bike with the screen spark arrestor installed.

It had a sticker on top of the muffler that said something like "USFS approved screen arrestor" or something like that. The sticker has turned brown from muddy water and it is impossible to read any longer.

Can anyone tell me exactly what it says? I'd hate to get kicked out of a riding area even though I have a legal spark arrestor installed.

Thank you.

it does say usfs approved or something to that nature but when they check they will stick there pen in there to see if it stops at the end of the SA to see if you have it in there

I'm guessing here, but I think the requirement is to have a USFS approved spark arrestor -- not a label stating that you have a USFS spark arrestor. Like mickey said, all they're going to do is make sure there's some kind of screen in there.

Worse case scenario: carry the right sized allen wrench with you so you can pull the insert out and show them the screen!

From what I've read, supposedly you need the sticker to go along with the spark arrestor.

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/features/arrestedspark/

I guess it varies wildly where you ride. We're coming down from Canada to ride Moab, so I'd hate to get sidelined for this. A new sticker is easier to make than trying to convince the Forest Ranger the darn thing was on there to begin with.

Somebody has to have a Yosh sticker on their muffler that is still legible.

Cheers.

Sticker on mine reads:

Screen Type

USFS Approved

Spark Arrestor

Model #TEC-SA

Just replaced the screen with a Yosh low volume insert to quiet it down. Yosh site says these inserts are USFS approved spark arrestors, but it did not come with a new sticker. So now sticker does not match the spark arrestor.

Hope they just use the wire to check, too complicated to explain.

Thank you for the help.

Any chance to get a picture of it MWSrideguy? That would be great, so I can match the font style.

They probably see lots of Yosh pipes down there and I don't want to get beaten with a Ranger stick if they detect a forgery!

By the way, shame on Yoshimura for using a stupid sticker and not engraving it in the first place. Like a sticker will last a long time on a dirt bike, stuck to a muffler.

:applause:

From what I've read, supposedly you need the sticker to go along with the spark arrestor.

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/features/arrestedspark/

I guess it varies wildly where you ride. We're coming down from Canada to ride Moab, so I'd hate to get sidelined for this. A new sticker is easier to make than trying to convince the Forest Ranger the darn thing was on there to begin with.

Somebody has to have a Yosh sticker on their muffler that is still legible.

Cheers.

I ride Moab all the time.... you won't have a problem. The area is so vast you will most likely never see a Ranger except in the National Parks (Arches and Canyon Lands) where you can't ride dirt anyway.

I took a photo of my sticker, but I don't know how to post it. I took a quick look on the forum, the first thread on how to post a photo had 21 pages. After a quick review, it's more work than I want to put in to learn (computers and I seldom get along well). Send me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Shawn Here's a picture of my Yosh RS3 label. Click on it to make it larger. You may have to click twice to see the detail.

I believe I would find someone with a P-Touch or similar labeler and make something that should satisfy them.

Bill

SparkArrestorLabel.jpg