Sign in to follow this  

ankle injury

I overjumped a short table top yesterday and landed on the flat. I had the ball of my foot on the peg instead of the arch so my heel dropped down and over flexed the ankle. This morning it is slightly swollen and pretty bruised on the inside of the ankle - walking is rather painful.

Is it possible to break anything doing this or is it most likely that I have strained the ligaments in the ankle?

Looks familiar! Here's my result of casing, literally CASING, a small double. Same thing, not broken:

Kylestrackandcarnage033.jpg

I've noticed from my broken bones vs. sprains/strains that the broken bones will have like a golf ball knot swollen from about where the injury is. Again this is what i have noticed.

This is what became of my overjumping a "small" tabletop back in november. . . still out, and they're talking about going in and removing metal (complicated)

PICT3256.jpg

sh*t... that looks terrible. What did your ankle look like before the surgery. I have to confess that I didn't get mine x-rayed, I just waited a couple of days and the swelling started to go down and the pain easing, however it's nearly a month on now and may ankles still hurt, but more in the tendon and ligaments than the bone.

I think that my age doesn't help... at least I seem to remember recovering from this sort of injury in a matter of a couple of weeks when I was a teenager.

Heal quick.

Gary.

I thanked enzo suspension several times yesterday:worthy: . We made a table top at my personal track 18 ft longer so its a touch over 70ft now and I over shot it 3 times completely flatlanded. New Tech 7s and enzo is all i can say thanks 2. I hurt both ankles for about 5 mins then i walked it off and back at it. I am 6'4 250 pounds also so when I land hard I LAND HARD. Make sure that suspension is top notch and it will help save your ass.

I did mine on about 17 yards (that's only 50ft) but since then, I have been training myself to move my feet forward on the pegs when I jump...

I don't know if better suspension would have made a big difference (my suspension is stock, but not that bad)

Now better ankles...