Sign in to follow this  

04 RMZ250 into...

a trail bike?

I pretty much ride my bike on trails and want to know is there anyway to get it so I can put a plate on it so I can ride the jeep trails? Looking at going to moab this summer and really don't want to deal with any rangers having a problem with my bike.

Thanks

so is that a no I wont be able to make it so I could get a plate?

Let me preface this by saying that I don't know anything about Colorado motor vehicle laws, my experiance is limited to mostly Arizona on this subject...maybe someine here can fill in?

If your title or MSO says "for offroad use only" (most likely the case with an RMZ) you will not be able to register it as a street-legal vehicle.

Some motorcycles (and quads for that matter) come with MSOs that don't have this and as long as someone doesn't title it as an "offroad use only" vehicle, it would be able to be registered.

For example, several of my friends in Arizona have been able to register their quads and drive them all over the streets.

A note of caution if you do this though; ALWAYS have your ducks in a row as far as registration, insurance, license, etc. are concerned because you will likely get pulled over OFTEN as most police officers don't understand that what you're doing is legal.