Sign in to follow this  

Crown King Overnighter This Weekend.

Hey Ya'll,

There's gonna be a Crown King Dual Sport ride the first weekend in March. The 2nd through 4th. Rooms are limited reservations reccomended. Camping if you want to. Street legal reccomended, but many do these dirt roads without plates(AT YOUR OWN RISK).

If you haven't been there you don't know what your missing. If you have you probably can't wait to go again. For more info, and RSVP go to http://www.arizonatrailtalk.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl see thread in the Dual sport forum.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

My son and I were thinking about a crown king run...I havent been since the mid eighties...Is fuel always available up there..???

whats the mileage??

Difficulty..??? I would assume its just a jeep road these days..

Yes gas is availiable in Crown King. I'm not sure on the mileage but it's not really very far from the staging area. I would guess that it's less than 20 miles. It is not a very difficult ride. It's Jeep Roads with an abundance of rocks. There are some parts of the road that the rocks could give a beginner a reason to go slow, but it should be passable. If someone who never rode a motorcycle before tried this trail they might find it a little difficult, but it's not much different from any other trail or Jeep road in Arizona... They all seem to have plenty of rocks, and if you are going to ride a dirt bike in Arizona you are going to have to deal with rocks.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer