Sign in to follow this  

thumpstar

these pit bikes any good? theres one for sale for $1,000.. never been riden good buy:thumbsup: or junk:thumbsdn: ?

My dealership I waork at just started carrying these not too long ago, I gotta say, I'm a die-hard Honda man for the reliability...but these things rip right out of the box and for a much lower price. I was really surprised when I first rode it, and it has held up really well to us beating on it.

these pit bikes any good? theres one for sale for $1,000.. never been riden good buy:thumbsup: or junk:thumbsdn: ?

what model thumpstar are you talking about?

I was going to buy one but the guy ended up selling it before I could get a hold of him. Anyway I did lot of research on them and found that the bikes are built really really good. There no chinese copy so there very reliable. Also my friend was telling me how he was hitting 40 ft doubles wit there 125 series and was having no problem making it. Def. a good buy

I went down today and looked at some new 05 Tstar's and UPC's ( I know there made the same) I must say they look very trick. Throttle, & clutch pull was super smooth. I sat on a new SSR 90 and UPC had a 90 also. The SSR suspension didn't even move when my 230lb butt sat on it. The UPC felt a little soft though. But the UPC definitely was put together alot better( Quality wise) than the SSR. The price difference was only 200, but, the UPC had the E button, which is kinda not needed for a 90 IMHO. I'd really like to give the SSR a chance, but the Thump 120 & UPC 90 have me thinking???? It's so hard to get an unbiased review from guys on here so that makes it hard deciding?? I wish the junkman could give us reviews on all models,, he did a really good job on the C4 review. I want a bike, but I don't want to second guess my decision. We'll see what happens.. Let me know about that Thump*, They look really nice and I could pick one up here @ a reasonable price. Good luck with your new investment....

the bikes and parts are made in australia. Not in chine from what I read and heard

They come straight from china not australia

I have a UPC 110 same company as thumpstar, and i love it. Your so right you cant get an unbiased opinion on this site, especially on thumpstars for some reason. A lot of guys don’t like them because the earlier models had tranny problems, but at first all bikes have problem, u have to expect it. On here a lot of guys love the SSR, especially because most of them deal with outlaw motor sports, which is a great company around (customer service, parts, everything). Me personally i love my thumpstar! The only difference between my bike and the one you are looking at is that I have a 10inch front instead of the 12inch. I must say when i was first looking at pit bikes I was going through the same dilemma as you are. I say buy the bike, it’s a good price, u will be happy with it. IM me if you need any more info.

Thumpstars are great bikes! Dont know much about the older models, but the new ones out are amazing. I race 2 of the TDX's (10" & 12") an d the only mod to the chassis is Marz forks... once you set the sag right on the shock and break it in, it works awesome. Im 6'2" 160lbs and the bike works GREAT. Thumpstar also has any part you could need in stock... and great customer service!