Moto Apps That Are Da $#@!??? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Trade in my CRV for a 4x4 Tacoma. Would I be happy with the power increase?

FYI, I own a V6 Tacoma, 4WD and I do get 23 MPG highway, and 18 in town.

see my reply to 250thumper above... it went something like:

Not bad, so a little v6 in a little truck manages the same numbers as a V8 in a fullsize chevy :applause:

There ya go spreading misinformation again... since when is 18mpg better than 22? And the tow rating between the silverado and tundra is a couple hundred pounds, and I'm pretty sure the new silverado's payload capacity blows the tundras out of the water.

Check your facts.

I can not find a site (use the GOV site) that showed ( I used 2006 model yr) a 1500 Silverado 4WD, 5.3 liter V8, "no manual option", used the ATM and the best I saw was 19 highway. Are you comparing Toyotas 4.0 V6 4WD rating vs what you are getting personally in your Chevy? If you use one camparison, then us the same comparison for the other. No way was the 5.3 V8 better then the Tacoma (and I used the 5 spd auto), it was worse, but only by a smidge, ie 1 MPG. I wouldnt call that "mis-information" but directly from http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm but never seen this elusive 22 MPG you speak of on the list?

I can not find a site (use the GOV site) that showed ( I used 2006 model yr) a 1500 Silverado 4WD, 5.3 liter V8, "no manual option", used the ATM and the best I saw was 19 highway. Are you comparing Toyotas 4.0 V6 4WD rating vs what you are getting personally in your Chevy? If you use one camparison, then us the same comparison for the other. No way was the 5.3 V8 better then the Tacoma (and I used the 5 spd auto), it was worse, but only by a smidge, ie 1 MPG. I wouldnt call that "mis-information" but directly from http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm but never seen this elusive 22 MPG you speak of on the list?

2006 5.3s were rated at 19 I think, I was refering to the new displacement on demand 5.3 silverados which are rated at 22 (2wd) and 20 4wd. Like any other small block GM, real world numbers will be 15% better than these.

Dad just signed the paperwork on one of these trucks yesterday afternoon, I'll let ya know in the next couple of weeks what kind of gas mileage he manages to get out of the new motor.

theres that GOV crap again....... :applause: If you believe anything the gov tells you then i got a winning million dollar lotto ticket i sale you for a grand:p

I think we already established that the EPA estimates are off by quite a bit, these GM trucks will do considerably better than the ratings in real world conditions.

theres that GOV crap again....... :applause: If you believe anything the gov tells you then i got a winning million dollar lotto ticket i sale you for a grand:p
But all things being equal (if it was off for Chevy, it would be off for Toyota) its a good comparison for side by side, maybe not exact figures, but which would do better. Thats what I was reffering to. Just "some guys numbers from a 4 stroke motorcycle forum isnt exactly something I'd take to the bank.

But all things being equal (if it was off for Chevy, it would be off for Toyota) its a good comparison for side by side, maybe not exact figures, but which would do better. Thats what I was reffering to. Just "some guys numbers from a 4 stroke motorcycle forum isnt exactly something I'd take to the bank.

Are you insinuating that neglect to tell the whole truth on the internet???:lol:

So I got this winning lottery ticket in Nigeria, and need your help paying the taxes.......................:applause:

yep, dont take my word for it... take a look at the EPA estimates on chevrolet's website. 2wd 5.3 silverado 22mpg, 4wd 5.3 silverado 20mpg.

...So I got this winning lottery ticket in Nigeria, and need your help paying the taxes.......................:applause:

Hey, are you the same guy who wanted to buy the bike I had listed a while back? I never heard back from you after I mentioned "check clears" :lol: