Sign in to follow this  

Wiseco Piston Kit - Need to order but have question

hello all-

i pulled the piston on my 1994 RM250, and need to order a replacement. the cylinder is in great shape, so all i need is a piston and gasket kit. the old piston has the following written on its top end:

A61D1

STD

642PG

CD

does STD mean STANDARD? i assume it does, but dont want to order the wrong size piston. i dont have the history on the machine, but dont think it has been bored.

any advice or direction would be appreciated. thx!

hello all-

i pulled the piston on my 1994 RM250, and need to order a replacement. the cylinder is in great shape, so all i need is a piston and gasket kit. the old piston has the following written on its top end:

A61D1

STD

642PG

CD

does STD mean STANDARD? i assume it does, but dont want to order the wrong size piston. i dont have the history on the machine, but dont think it has been bored.

STD means standard you cant bore the cyl. without a resleve

hello all-

A61D1

STD

642PG

CD

The A61D1 # on the edge of the piston is a control number and means nothing to the user.

The std is obvious

The 642PS not PG is a actuall Wiseco part #

This is a old piston as the new Wiseco Part # is now metric as in 642M06700 indicating the actuall bore size of 67mm.