Sign in to follow this  

What's up with these rings on exhausts?

I've noticed a lot of picture postings lately with these (plastic?) rings that are around the exterior of exhausts. Mostly on SM models. Are they for slide protection? Who makes them?

drz450_2.jpg

Its A Exhaust Slider,it Protects Your Expensive Pipe If You Lay It Down.

Heat resistant hose (colour of your choice) and a worm drive clamp, cost about $5.00

Neil. :applause::cry: :cry:

i'm ultra lazy about little stuff like this. :lol:

..but it has saved my exhaust twice so far as you can see by the rash on that ring in the picture above, anytime i get the chance i plug the site for thanks sake.... :eek::applause:

anybody using these offroad? I have re-sleeved my rashed up yosh rs-3 twice now and this would be great to try.

anybody using these offroad? I have re-sleeved my rashed up yosh rs-3 twice now and this would be great to try.

Don't know the answer to that, but I expect so, somewhere.

Just a few points for anybody who wants to try one, or make one.

Do not use on a stock system, they run far to hot and will melt the tube, any tube

no matter what the seller may say.

If you are not sure about the tube you have bought or found, whatever, before fitting

it lay a wrap of kitchen foil about 1" wide round the can, under the tube that

way if it melts you can clean the mess up easily.

And I'll leave you to work out how I learned that tip :applause:

Neil. :applause::lol::cry:

I know they have a function but these look terrible IMHO.

Get something from R&G instead... Style matters.

http://www.rg-racing.com

i don't see how those would work on a dirtbike exhaust.... :applause: sporttbike yes, but not a dirtbike or sm. the front of the can is almost always tucked in behind a number plate.... and the end of can takes most of the hits.. the opposite of a sportbike..

I think you can place them at the end of the can as well... they are adjustable

i don't see how those would work on a dirtbike exhaust.... :applause: sporttbike yes, but not a dirtbike or sm. the front of the can is almost always tucked in behind a number plate.... and the end of can takes most of the hits.. the opposite of a sportbike..

Scroll down the Exhaust Protector page they have a Supermoto version available :applause:

Much better than the giant rubber condom rings.

i don't see how those would work on a dirtbike exhaust.... :lol: sporttbike yes, but not a dirtbike or sm. the front of the can is almost always tucked in behind a number plate.... and the end of can takes most of the hits.. the opposite of a sportbike..

Correct, they are designed to clamp round the link pipe, not going to work on a SM.

Scroll down the Exhaust Protector page they have a Supermoto version available :applause:

Much better than the giant rubber condom rings.

Yes I have seen them, if you want the bling fine, but they don't stick out far enought to work.

Having seen the entire R&G product line, I have to say these are the only thing they make that is just about worthless :cry:

Neil. :applause::cry::eek:

Yes I have seen them, if you want the bling fine, but they don't stick out far enought to work.

Having seen the entire R&G product line, I have to say these are the only thing they make that is just about worthless :lol:

Neil. :applause::eek::naughty:

Have not seen them in the flesh but looks like they are sticking out enough on the shot from behind the Akra (for SM use I mean).

Regardless, I don't think either kind will work 100% unless you fall at a slower speed and/or on a nice and even surface so I don't think I'll get one, at least not until I get a Yosh Ti :lol: