Sign in to follow this  

Anyone make an oil cooler for the 150R?

I am racing my 150R in supermoto and have heard a few of them popping down the straights for a long period of high revs. Does anyone know if anyone makes an oil cooler for it? I figure more oil at cooler temps has to help. I heard a few blew at Starke last weekend :applause:

PS Anyone here blow there motor? If so what was the reason?

Thanks!

They are probably on the rev limiter. An oil cooler won't change that.

Some are breaking cams.

Some more specifics on the motors blowing might help. Blow piston, seized crank, broken cam, etc.

ben

I agree 100% I have been asking around on other forums as soon as I hear something I will update you guys.

Some more specifics on the motors blowing might help. Blow piston, seized crank, broken cam, etc.

ben

Here is an interesting thread with a few bikes popping due to lack of oil BUT they are road racing them

http://www.semra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1303

Here is a quote from the site

"Although I despise any and all of you who bought the new 150r for eventually riding the grids of 2 strokes I feel that I must pass on some info. Over the weekend the CMRA held it's first mini endurance and had two crf 150r's one in motard trim and one in a gp 125 frame both of which blew up after about two hours of racing. Apparently they use a lot more oil than anyone had estimated. If you intend on doing the endurance on one of these things check the oil frequently and know you will have to add. Do yourself a favor and make your first pit stop before the hour mark to check the oil level.

Now for the real bad news!!!! Dustin Dominquez (very capable rider) was winning the overall when the bike went south. For those of you who don't know what this means, let me spell it out for you "SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE". This means that he was winning over all of the rs 125 framed 85's and the ninja 250's. That may not sound too hard until you understand that this was on a 1.8 mile road course. Pushing all that air the bike still outran the others. Looks to me like if you can keep these things running they are the ticket.

Later, Eric"