Sign in to follow this  

Service Honda KX 500AF

Hello All,

I did a quick search to check and see if anyone had posted on this, but I didn't find anything. As I am sure many of you saw, Dirt Rider had a tiny blurb on the fact that Service Honda is developing a KX 500AF. I just spoke to them and it is in fact true. They said info would be available on their website (http://www.servicehonda.com/) as soon as possible, they suggested checking back in a couple of weeks. They will be using the KX 450 frame for the conversion. The price should come in right under $10k, which is what the CR 500AF goes for. I look forward to learning more.

Regards,

Wardo

You can see riders bikes that are KX500AF's on www.kxriders.com and they did the conversion for less than probably $5,000. Just locate a KX450F that has a blown motor and buy it cheap then read about the conversion on that web site and those guys can help you through the project. But if you have about 10K to blow on a bike then go for it.

As a KX owner that's an awesome thing to hear!

Being Honda is not producing the CR any longer for us here in the US, I wonder if Service Honda intends on stepping up to the plate an offering either the bike or the conversion kit to stuff a two-stroke 250 or 125 engine in a CRF frame?

That would be a beautiful thing! If they don't sell them on the showroom floors, at least we can make our own :applause:

How hard would it be to find a CRF with a lunched motor for the project? I mean, really!

lol, j/k

Now that I'm thinking about it...

I have an '05 KX250, It would be awfully sweet to rebuild that motor next year top and bottom and fit it to a new gen KXF250 or 450 frame.

I bet I could part out my bike (everything less the engine) on ebay, rebuild the motor, then find a lunched KFX for the project rather easily. I'd then have a brand new, rare, aluminum framed two-stroke KX250. :applause:

If my KX450F ever craps an engine, that might be something fun to do with it. Craps, meaning if I can't fix it.

That would be sweet. It would have to hall :applause:. It would be as fast as a 500 and as agile as a 450f. Great combo.

Someday, it would be fun to take one of our 04 KX250's and install the engine into a 06-07 KX250F frame. I will eventually find one for cheap with a clapped out engine and a broke owner.

A KX500AF would be abit too much for me....a KX250AF would be better suited as im 75kg.

I have been awoken many nights of recent by my hearts excited thumping whilst dreaming of throwing a KX250 motor in a 250F frame......should I take this revival as a sign to go for it?lol

• Like 1

Haha I am glad they put the word JUST right before that m.s.r.p. .....doesn't seem like so much when you do that.lol     Pretty sure a welder and donor 2-stroke would be much cheaper though.

I've never seen the need to build an aluminum frame bike considering how good the 03 and later steel frame chassis is.  If you want the fancy new forks you can get those for a couple hundred bucks.

Haha I am glad they put the word JUST right before that m.s.r.p. .....doesn't seem like so much when you do that.lol     Pretty sure a welder and donor 2-stroke would be much cheaper though.

as long as you know how to tig aluminum and have the proper parts to modify the frame for the 500 motor.

10k is right around the price of a new 450 so if you are a 2 stroke fan then you are basically getting a brand new 2 stroke that has not been made in years with a modern chassis.

small price to pay for a bike you will likely not see another where you ride.

• Like 1