Sign in to follow this  

The OLD CROW 3\4

:lol: Who is racing this weekend at Carnegie I might make this one hope to see every one.:applause: :applause:

No one is Racing I might have a chance looks like a wet one maybe you know how carnegie can be with a little wetness.It maybe just a survival run.

My son, two friends and I will try to race it this weekend. It should be a better course due that they are finally shutting down the whole park instead running just half of it.It looks like it will dry for a couple of days before the race though, which could be good.

I was looking at the flyer a few hours ago and it said there's a Jr. Sportsman class, is that like a schoolboy class or something? Is there a engine size limit for that class, because I'd rather run my 426 against kids near my age than the 4-stroke open class which I'd have to race adults on new 450's and larger. I also hope it dries a lot, about 2 hours ago there was slushy snow falling instead of rain coming down.

I would not worry about who you are racing just run a good pace try to stay on your bike you will place good.I also ride a 426 and have done pretty well on it.

The conditions seem like they were about 3 years ago when I entered.

I was amazed at how fast Carnegie dried out on Sunday.

Good luck and enjoy.

The east hills where I think they will be mainly using those hills for the race dry out much faster than the west hills which are almost always closed on rainy days. I heard since they are shutting down all of carnegie for the race they are gonna use ALL of the park for the loop, is this right? It's calling for fair whether for the next 4 days I think so it should be pretty nice out on sunday. Jrambo, do they use the starting gate or do you have to kick the bike over first because my bike still has manual decompression so I might have a bit of trouble on the start if its a dead start type race. Hope to see you all out there, and good luck

On the d36 site, a 20 mile loop for A/B was mentioned :applause:. The C course will be only 12 miles. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

426 kid- it's a dead engine start.

my first time, how early should i get there on sunday to register and what not if the re race meeting is at 12:45? gates open at 6:30, im sure it will be a mad house. Any input for a, Newby, Old Man, C class rider appreciated.

thanks

Hey everyone how'd you all do? I had fun but my arms were crazy pumped even though they cut the race in half. Was the guy lying on the ground with the towel over his face dead? I hope and pray he's ok

No he past away sorry to say supposedly had a heart attack!

No he past away sorry to say supposedly had a heart attack!

Thats really too bad. A heart attack, really?! I thought he had hit the tree, it looked like blood on the ground

it looked like blood on the ground

In the event of a massive heart attack blood will come out of the mouth and nose.

RIP racer

Yes, I heard about the death too. I wasn't able to ride, but a buddy did and told me about it this evening. That really sucks. Didn't they try to revive him or rush him to the hospital? Sounds weird that someone dies during a race, and they just call the race.

My thoughts are with his family. That's very sad.

Yes, I heard about the death too. I wasn't able to ride, but a buddy did and told me about it this evening. That really sucks. Didn't they try to revive him or rush him to the hospital? Sounds weird that someone dies during a race, and they just call the race.

My thoughts are with his family. That's very sad.

Yes the riders who were there, then course workers and peramedics trying to revive the person, what I heard this happened at one of the farthest places away from camp, "Sounds weird that someone dies during a race, and they just stop it" I don't want to seem mean but thats a pretty inconsiderat remark to make, yes we did stop the race, we had to get emergency crews to the victim plus riders would still be going the scene.

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward/BOD

I think stopping the race was the best thing to do I did not race either my friend did he sayed that it traumatized him a bit to see and was glad it was over when he got to the check point.If nothing else RESPECT for that person.GREAT job ROOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the riders who were there, then course workers and peramedics trying to revive the person, what I heard this happened at one of the farthest places away from camp, "Sounds weird that someone dies during a race, and they just stop it" I don't want to seem mean but thats a pretty inconsiderat remark to make, yes we did stop the race, we had to get emergency crews to the victim plus riders would still be going the scene.

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward/BOD

Hi Kraig, I wasn't in any way trying to be disrespectful or inconsiderate. I read some of the other posts which mentioned that there was an individual lying on the ground with a towel over his head and he didn't make it. Usually, when something like this happens there is a lifeflight, ambulances, etc. I just didn't have the picture. Sorry, I should have minded my own business.

Really, I was just bummed to hear about the whole story. I should have been out there in that race (my bike is apart right now), and I ride at Carnegie all the time, so this story hit home. It could have been any one of us out there.