Quicksilver Results ... Where's Slyko

?The results for the Quicksilver have been posted on the Ramblers website, not on the D36 site yet though. I looked over the results pretty good, one Polka Dots members got 1st "C" Senior and 3rd overall "C", another got 4th in the "B" Open 2-Stroke class ? .

What I didn't find was Slyko, I just couldn't find any mention of SuperEnduroMan anywhere. :applause: Now I saw the guy after the race, he was on his bike, all wet and muddy, and said that he had finished the first loop. But I can't find his name anywhere in the results. :eek:

By the way, I finished a disappointing 20 of 32 in the "C" Senior class. Not bad though considering I banged up my shoulder and couldn't go out for the second loop. Doctor says PROBABLY no rotator cuff damage, just some severely strained and bruised muscles. I'll be out of the Wild Boar, but hopefully I'll be able to make the rest of the season. ?

:applause:So how did the rest of you guys do?

? Hehehehe!

I houred out after the 1st check. ? I'm on the overall results page. They even spelled my name right!

I finished the 1st loop. Meaning I rode the entire course. Didn't say I scored it! :applause:

There were only 11 guys behind me! :applause:

After I houred out(which was pretty early), I helped 2 guys and 2 girls get over some nasty, rutted out hills. THAT....... more than anything KICKED MY @SS!

Damn, I'm getting old. I'm still bone weary. My whole body just aches. Time for somemore advil.?

Thanks Kevin. The doc gave me some meds that already have me thinking I might still shoot for the Boar. ?

I was 83 of 179 in "C" AMA Overall, pretty much right in the middle of the pack.:eek:

:applause: Now here's some of that stupid stuff you think about when looking at the results:

I quit at gas, scored through check 6. Results show that I was 20th in class, 74th in D36 "C" Overall, and 83rd in "C" AMA Overall.

If I would have gone through the start check after gas (I got to gas with almost 40 minutes to go before I had to be at the restart) I would have had the same score through 7 checks instead of 6 and my results would have been:

13th of 32 in "C Senior, 49th of 140 in D36 "C" Overall, and 52nd in "C" AMA Overall. :applause:??

Something to think about with the National format. Normally you wouldn't have a clue how far it is to the first check after gas, but since a restart is a "known" ............. I could have ridden just 2 more miles and done so much better in the standings. ?

Oldedude

That is excatly what I was thinking !!:applause: Could have moved up 12 pos. by just riding up to the next check - which I would have done if I didn't think I houred out !?

I came in 22 nd in the Sen C class - not really where I felt I belonged but 40 + min. of log jams kind of determined my race.?

Enduros ALLLLLLWAYS seem to be about the WHAT IFs in my experiance.:applause:

WHAT IF I had no log jams and could just run my pace ?

WHAT IF all those guys that didn't pull over for me when I caught them pulled over and let me by ?

WHAT IF my brain wasn't frozen at gas and I figured out that I had almost an hour left to get back out before houring out?

WHAT IF I was Curts best friend and lined up on his Min. where the sun shined and there were Budwizzzzzer girls checking you in ???

dp:busted:

WHAT IF I was Curts best friend and lined up on his Min. where the sun shined and there were Budwizzzzzer girls checking you in ???

dp:busted:

?? :cry: :eek: Hey I want to be that guys best friend too! :applause:

WHAT IF I hadn't made that wrong turn which resulted in a crash, banged up shoulder, and riding three extra miles :applause: ............. but then again that wrong turn was the tightest trail I rode all day. ?

In dist. 36- 11th overall C class. 3rd place c-senior. It was very frustrating to go out afer gas into a special test only to get caught up in some serious bottlenecks and not gain anything. That place was a zoo. This was only my second enduro and I know if someone comes up on me that they are faster so I have no problem letting them by. Some of these guys thought it was a motocross race, they would try to hold you off and you could tell they were riding over their head. I tangled with one guy and he went down, after eating roost for a while it was payback time, and the best one is when a guy clearly riding over his head went strait into a bush instead of turning. It was a tough race but i'm glad I did it.

Sean

In dist. 36- 11th overall C class. 3rd place c-senior. It was very frustrating to go out afer gas into a special test only to get caught up in some serious bottlenecks and not gain anything. That place was a zoo. This was only my second enduro and I know if someone comes up on me that they are faster so I have no problem letting them by. Some of these guys thought it was a motocross race, they would try to hold you off and you could tell they were riding over their head.

well, i know it's only your 2nd race, but anyone who has ridden with you knows you have no biz racing in c's. experiences like yours are exactly why i wanted to move up to b's asap, and i was not near the rider you are.

once you get to A's (another couple races for you, lol) you will be much happier with the courtesy and skill of the majority of the riders. even the top pros move over as soon as they know someone is behind them. i think rich lafferty even moved over for me in arizona 2 yrs ago, but then i let him by again not long after.

:eek: Hehehehe!

I houred out after the 1st check. :mad: I'm on the overall results page. They even spelled my name right! ..............

Houred out in the first test section :applause: ............. but then again it was Clear Creek. I can hear it now, that first tight singletrack section ........"If this is an enduro only trail THEN F:censored: K THAT!" ?

and I can see it now .......... Slyko rolling up towards the check after the first test section ...... but wait, what's that? ........ HE'S GETTING PASSED BY A FAT CHICK ON A QUAD! :applause:????

Hey SuperEnduroMan, really I'm glad you made it, and it was good seeing you when you got back to the pits. Looked like you had been through hell, but still had that huge smile on your face. ?

31 of 179 in AMA C Overall. No advancement points. Bummer. Looks like only four C's got past the bottlenecks after gas.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Curt.

I submitted a rule change for advancement points for 2007 and it was passed.

AMA-D36 Operations Manual rule # 7.1.6

Advancement Points are awarded at each Enduro of 70 miles or more in length ( this is waved for AMA Nationals), to the riders on the basis of finish in the entire meet and not within each equipment classification, as follows.

If up to 200 "B" riders entered the event, the top 20% of "B" riders will recieve advancement points as follows:

If up to 200 "C" riders entered the evnt, the top 20% of "C" riders will recieve advancement points as follows:

Finish ADvancement

Place: Points

1 20

2 19

3 18

4 17

5 16

6 15

7 14

8 13

9 12

10 11

11 10

12 9

13 8

14 7

15 6

16 5

17 4

18 3

19 2

20th on down get 1 advancement points

so for 179 riders, 20% is 35.8 so you would get 1 advancement point!

Thanks for participating.

Kraig Traum

AMA-D36 Enduro Steward/BOD

I got 8th Senior C and 27th Overall D-36 C. This was my first Enduro. :applause: :applause:

Stood beside you at the table in the club house me thinks - guy with back pack, yellow rain coat & looking far too clean while you were talking to the guy behind the table.

so for 179 riders, 20% is 35.8 so you would get 1 advancement point!

Thanks for participating.

Kraig Traum

AMA-D36 Enduro Steward/BOD

Kraig-

I remember that rule but I had assumed that the advancement points would be based on D36 overall results. Does D36 use AMA overall results or D36 overall results to determine advancement points? The reason I ask is if the latter is used I would be 29 of 140...and I wouldn't get my point.:applause: :applause:

You were flying. Considering it was the first Enduro for both of us (and a National at Clear Creek), we both did Awesome getting 8th in our classes. Let's keep it up and see if we can move to B. :applause:

i got D36 19th OA C and 8th Vet C. i think that earns me 2 adv points!

Kraig-

I remember that rule but I had assumed that the advancement points would be based on D36 overall results. Does D36 use AMA overall results or D36 overall results to determine advancement points? The reason I ask is if the latter is used I would be 29 of 140...and I wouldn't get my point.:applause: :applause:

The advancement points are based on the D-36 OA results.