Sign in to follow this  

Clothing Advice

I live in southern France and have started riding off road. The weather down here gets very hot. I have just bought a Forcefield T pro vest , pants and back protector (all to be worn under other clothing) as they seem to be very highly rated. However what to wear over them is a problem. Moose sahara pants seem to come up all the time but i dont think i'll get them on over the Forcefield pants. I have seen trousers with soft kevlar in them ( same as draggin jeans) and wonder if anybody has got any opinions to share. Also would i need to wear a t-shirt under the vest which is made of coolmax material.Any thoughts guys ??

go to the second hand store and get a silk shirt to wear under your gear. They are light ,stay cool ,will not chaff and cheap.

When i was racing in So Cal in the desert in the summer, it got very hot and we would wear ice vests under our jerseys. im sure they make some somewhere, but its cheap and easy to make yourself. just get a t-shirt and sew on some washclothes folded over to make a pocket. get some thin square tupperwear to freeze ice blocks in that would fit in the pocket of the washcloth. i would have 2 on my front and 2 on my back. at the start of the race, everyone was over heating, and i was freezing my butt off wating to get started so i could warm up. they would last about 2 hours depending on the size of the ice

In the hot/sticky/humid nastiness that is summer in VA/NC, riding in the woods we throw on some shorts and a short sleeve shirt.......your arms may get ripped up from the blackberry bushes, but it's just a little bit of blood...

On the mx track, we typically use some vented gear (msr,thor,fox) with underarmor, and we do 30 min motos