New Vienna Motorsports - New Vienna, OH

For you Ohio guys around the area.

First race is Saturday March 17th. We need to support these kinds of areas because they may not be around much longer if we don't. Highland Lakes closed and I loved that track, so lets keep it from spreading to others.

A source who is working with Big Tom said that the plan as it stands (not 100% official yet) is to have a race every other weekend. Saturday's are bike races, Sunday's are quad races.

Lets start supporting these places Ohio guys, we can't start loosing tracks!

www.newviennamotorsports.com

I check the site regularly and haven't seen anything about this.

Where did you hear this from? And if he wants people to come, he better get the word out there a little more. On the site it still shows the '06 schedule, and there is no announcement on the forums either. Heck, I even started a thread over there a few weeks ago about any updates, with no response.:applause:

I check the site regularly and haven't seen anything about this.

Where did you hear this from? And if he wants people to come, he better get the word out there a little more. On the site it still shows the '06 schedule.

A friend of mine is working with him this year on the track. I know they need to get the site updated, I'm not sure why they have not yet. I will let them know they need to update it (Im sure they already know, but just in case).

I was told to start spreading the word .. Ill make sure they get the site updated though.

A friend of mine is working with him this year on the track. I know they need to get the site updated, I'm not sure why they have not yet. I will let them know they need to update it (Im sure they already know, but just in case).

I was told to start spreading the word .. Ill make sure they get the site updated though.

I just edited my post above about the website.

So who is hosting the races? Is Earlywine apart of it again?

I just edited my post above about the website.

So who is hosting the races? Is Earlywine apart of it again?

I didn't find out who is hosting them, but I will report back here with more info as soon as I find out.

I plan on riding there and Dirt Country alot this year.

:applause: wheres that track located?

New Vienna is about 30 minutes away from Goshen. The quickest way to get there if you are near Milford is to just get on 28 and go towards Goshen. Follow 28 for about 30 minutes. You will enter the small town of Farmers. Once you pass through that, its a few miles up the road on the right.

The website has the address.

I plan on riding there and Dirt Country alot this year.

We'll have to hook up and go there together. I am looking forward to riding there this summer. As I've said, I have no real MX experience, but am more than willing to look like an idiot. I was born and raised a mile or so from Farmer's Station. There used to be a ton of trails there. Of course that was 25+ years ago, and on private property. When I do go there, I'm going to try to search out some old friends from that area. Man, when will this weather break?????????

For you Ohio guys around the area.

First race is Saturday March 17th. We need to support these kinds of areas because they may not be around much longer if we don't. Highland Lakes closed and I loved that track, so lets keep it from spreading to others.

Lets start supporting these places Ohio guys, we can't start loosing tracks!

www.newviennamotorsports.com

Sorry to say... we lost New Vienna a long time ago IMO.

Sorry to say... we lost New Vienna a long time ago IMO.

Give it a try once more this year. There will be additional people working the track to keep it in better shape. What's the harm in giving it another chance?

We'll have to hook up and go there together. I am looking forward to riding there this summer. As I've said, I have no real MX experience, but am more than willing to look like an idiot. I was born and raised a mile or so from Farmer's Station. There used to be a ton of trails there. Of course that was 25+ years ago, and on private property. When I do go there, I'm going to try to search out some old friends from that area. Man, when will this weather break?????????

For anyone who wants to ride for fun, or is a beginner in MX, New Vienna is the best place around here for that. It is a roomy track and there isn't a hundred guys out there running you over, it is more laid back and if you have kids there is plenty of room for them to play around. I'm prolly going to race a few MX races in the "B" class this year and I still like New Vienna, good for beginners and still has enough challenges to keep everyone happy.:applause:

husqvarnarider, we'll definately have to hook up and go there, considering we're from the same area. Me and my buddies go there a lot in the warmer months. And I'll definately be there a lot this year because it is easy for me to take my 1 year old with me, plenty of shade and room to stay away from the track if it is dusty. Me and my friends rotate on watching her incase anyone is wondering.:applause:

Give it a try once more this year. There will be additional people working the track to keep it in better shape. What's the harm in giving it another chance?

Track conditions do get pretty poor there, but towards the end of last year it seemed to be better. If Big Tom or whoever else can work on that, then I'm out of complaints.:applause:

Track conditions do get pretty poor there, but towards the end of last year it seemed to be better. If Big Tom or whoever else can work on that, then I'm out of complaints.:applause:

Oh trust me, I know how the track can get .. I've been there quite a few times with it being like hardpack .. falling hurts!

Ill be helping on the days I am there with whatever I can. I will be running a 2001 CR250 with 796 as the number .. hope to see you guys there!

Ill be helping on the days I am there with whatever I can. I will be running a 2001 CR250 with 796 as the number .. hope to see you guys there!

I'd say it will still be a while until I start going, but if you look in my garage you will see my 450 I normally ride.

I'm almost always there with a '03 KX250 #128, and a '01 CR250 with the #27, being pulled on a snow mobile trailer, so I'm easy to find. When ther weather fairs up, I'll be there AT LEAST twice a month and that is usually on Saturdays.

Maybe...

I think part of the better conditions at the end of last year had to do with the rain that was received. I had heard there were changes made to the tracks and an attempt was being made I will check it out again. Although I do plan on giving it another chance, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I went to the track on Sunday (3/4/07) to see what condition it is in. Due to all of the water laying on the track, the first race has been pushed to April 14th. This will give Tom and the crew time to get the track ready. The first race will be an indication of things to come, and opening too soon will give the wrong impression. Many riders are volunteering their time and effort to make this work, and all we are asking is that you see if you like it.

The website has not been updated as of yet. I posted something in the forums about the first race, but there are no responses yet. I did not ride at New Vienna in it's "heyday", but I have spent every weekend there during last year, and the track conditions were not always perfect, but neither is the weather. Tom did let me get the dozer out and fix the track the last time I rode there, and the riders were happy about that. I will do anything I can to help save this place and turn it around, but to do that I need suggestions from the riders, but keep in mind you may get what you ask for. The riders that have decided to do this, are not doing it for Tom (owner), we are doing it for the sport. Riding areas are becoming hard to find.

Michael

Michael, have I met you before I New Vienna?

They really need to get the word out if they want a good line up for the race, updating the website is a must! I'll be competing in at least a few of the races when it is dry, hopefully my friends will as well.

we are doing it for the sport. Riding areas are becoming hard to find.

That's a fact. I am looking forward to checking it out this year. There are so few good places to ride, that are close. Haspin is such a long drive for me, although I love the trails there. I have always wanted to give MX a shot. I'm at an age where it is sh-t, or get off the pot. Plus my 10yr. old son is dying to hit the track, as well. I applaud your efforts to keep it alive. We all need to do our part to keep our tracks and trails open. If we don't, who will??

husqvarnarider, we'll definately have to hook up and go there, considering we're from the same area. Me and my buddies go there a lot in the warmer months.

You bet! We will definetly do some riding this year. You too Fletchman. I'm still hoping for a Spring TT ride for all of us. That "rainy" TT ride at Haspin in December really got me pumped. We have a great bunch of guys on this forum, and I'm looking forward to riding with as many of them as I can.