Sign in to follow this  

JD jetting 250sx

I recently purchased a JD jetting kit for my 05 250sx. I was expecting to get a kit with extensive jetting settings for temp and altitude. What I got was a kit with a couple of needles, three main jets, and a peice of paper saying to have installed by a mechanic who has extensive knowledge of jetting conditions. It gives you a basic jetting start point for above 45 degree's and below 3000ft. Is this all that normally comes with the JD jetting kits? Other than the air screw, does this one setup work well for a wide range of temperatures and altitudes? I was expecting a chart with jetting changes for changes in temperature and so forth.

I moved this thread into here, wasnt getting any responces in the jetting section. I am just suprised that the kit only gives about three differance setups. Is it normal to have a jetting setup that works from 45 degree's all the way up to 100 degree's?

yes it is normal. The thing the JD kit does for a KTM is give you a needle that is less rich in the transition from low to mi and thus cleans it up and makes it a little smoother.