Sign in to follow this  

reeds

im about to get a v Force reed valve and i was wondering if i will need to re jet my 07 yz 250, and also where in the powerband am i going notice the difference

ex. low end, mid range, or top end power

thanks.

im about to get a v Force reed valve and i was wondering if i will need to re jet my 07 yz 250, and also where in the powerband am i going notice the difference

ex. low end, mid range, or top end power

thanks.

yes, you should rejet after installing any major motor mods, and it will give you the most noticable change in the low end

The adds for the v force say it will change the low end. In reality, it does slightly change it. Low end starts sooner and is a little smoother. Some difference, for sure, but nothing to write home about.

You do have to rejet in order to realize any sort of gain with it. Dropped in place of the stock reeds with nothing else changed yields almost nothing.

Overall, I am not especially sold on the product. Lots of hype and very little performance.

• Like 1

The adds for the v force say it will change the low end. In reality, it does slightly change it. Low end starts sooner and is a little smoother. Some difference, for sure, but nothing to write home about.

You do have to rejet in order to realize any sort of gain with it. Dropped in place of the stock reeds with nothing else changed yields almost nothing.

Overall, I am not especially sold on the product. Lots of hype and very little performance.

i noticed a notable difference in my 80 when i put v force reeds in it, it woke it up quite a bit in throttle response and low end, it was not like some miracle product that everyone should purchase right now but i was definitly satisfied, i am getting ready to put some on my 125 to

I think every bike is going to respond different to a reed valve assembly. I felt a better gain with a v force on an 03 KX 125. I am not so thrilled with it on a yz 250. It one of those parts that I use because I have it, but would never re-buy.

Racer,

There is a V-Force 3 in the Yamaha classifieds section that will fit your needs and save you some $$$.

I AGREE WITH YOU I TRIED THEM AND THOUGHT THAT THEY ACTUALLY HURT MY POWER BAND THE BEST SET UP I HAD WAS THE STOCK REEDS WITHOUT THE SPACER PLATE WAY BETTER AND SNAPIER BOTTOM END WITH OUT HURTING THE OVER REV:prof:

What year is your yz? I always wanted to try my 06 without the spacer, but never got around to doing so.

I was curious about the spacer because my 97 yz made me so. I bought an intake spacer for that bike. I used an oem yamaha spacer for it. It totally killed low end and top end. Throttle response was bad as well. Removign the add on spacer brought the motor back to life.