Sign in to follow this  

Is it worth the hassle?

I need some help from you guys. There is a guy at work that has a 96 PW50 and a 90 or 91 XR250R for sale for 900.00 for both with some gear. He says that they haven't been ridden in a year and that they are full of gas. So my question is, is it worth it to buy them and go through the hassle of getting them up to snuff. I have an 99XR250R so I am familiar with working on them but I was wondering if you guys could give me a price of what a 90 or 91 XR in decent condition in the mid atlantic region would go for. I figure this will help me financially with the upcoming hare scramble season. Thanks for any help.

I am not sure of the condition I haven't seen them yet. He said that they are average condition, it was a father/son deal so they weren't ridden hard. I would say that they are in average condition though judging by my talks with him.

If they were ridden when they were parked, it shouldn't be hard to get them going again. Take the carb off, clean it, put a fresh plug in, change the oil, drain the gas and give it fresh stuff, and it *should* go without too much hassle. At least this usually works for me if something has sat for a while.

The price doesn't sound too bad if they're in decent condition.

I bought a 86 PW50 for $250. They are very easy to sell and get your money out of if they are in good condition. You could proubly get $400-$500 just for the PW if you just wanted the XR.

Sweet, thanks for the info guys. I am hoping I can resell both for around 1500, that is probably wishful thinking but we will see. I saw an ad in the paper today for a 92 XR250 and they wanted 1600, I thought that was a little steep so anyway. Thanks for all the help.