Sign in to follow this  

Snow check for Trask

Just got back from ride to Ginger Creek. There's about 18" to 24"

at AB Road. At bottom of Ginger Creek it's 12" to 18". I said THAT'S ALL FOLKS! About halfway from Gooseneck to top of Ginger Creek it's 24" to 30" DEEP! I hate it when I get high centered on flat ground. So turned around and headed home. Temp was 28 degrees and drifting snow. There were a couple of trees that just fell down while we in there. Great day for a SNOW RIDE! Oh, here's some ammo for you QUAD haters. All done off a 2000 Bombardier 500 Traxter with 27" mud tires and a 2" lift kit. Hate to see any of you QUAD haters, have nothing to whine about! I did't ride my CR 250R because my buddy only owns a QUAD! But I might go back up Thursday or Friday and break some trail in for you guys.

THANK YOU? That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day. Beware! Were going for a snow ride again tomorrow. Sure hope it snows more tonight and tomorrow. GOD I love riding in SNOW!

I rode with you at Trask years ago. I came out with Don and had the fat XR600R, you know the guy who went to school. Awesome area out there, too bad it is getting shutdown :applause:

I rode with you at Trask years ago. I came out with Don and had the fat XR600R, you know the guy who went to school. Awesome area out there, too bad it is getting shutdown :applause:
Getting shutdown????

What exactly is being shutdown?

I have never been to Trask before but was hoping that I may be able to get a few miles in at the lower elevations. I was hoping that its proximity to the ocean might keep the snow away. Should I gice it a try or is the whole area at a high elevation with snow?

Thanks!

Yoda'

As of Thursday there was 20"'s of snow at Barney. And my buddy said there was about 12"s at Hollywood Camp. Yea, the west side always clears out first being closer to the ocean.

The only thing that's closed in the Trask is Whorehouser property. It limits access.
Ok, I thought you meant Ginger Creek. Then again with all the logging we are losing trails by the day. Not sure what I want more, my job with a large builder (need the trees for lumber to build homes) or riding areas for the weekends. It sucks either way.

Anybody been to to the Trask lately? Did those couple days of nice weather (at least in Portland) melt the snow??

It should be the best day of the year up there by the middle of next week if the forecast holds. :applause:

Anybody been to to the Trask lately? Did those couple days of nice weather (at least in Portland) melt the snow??

We made it as far west as Sypher's Gap and found the only trail sections covered with challenging snow to be on the way to Whitepine from the rigs. The rest of the Bayle's Creek area (and east fork by-pass) was purty good.