Sign in to follow this  

If your bike sets for awhile then try.....

I have been using a product called "Sea Foam" for about 10 years now. Just dump a few tablespoons in your tank if it will be setting for awhile. This stuff is alot better than Stabil. Stabil has a shelf life Sea foam lasts alot longer. Put this in my outboard, lawn mower, snow blower and tiller never have a problem starting.

Like I said put a couple of tablespoons in the tank of gas start it up and shut off the gas and let it run dry.

I have been using a product called "Sea Foam" for about 10 years now. Just dump a few tablespoons in your tank if it will be setting for awhile. This stuff is alot better than Stabil. Stabil has a shelf life Sea foam lasts alot longer. Put this in my outboard, lawn mower, snow blower and tiller never have a problem starting.

Like I said put a couple of tablespoons in the tank of gas start it up and shut off the gas and let it run dry.

I.ve been using " Seafoam" for about 6 years now. Not only is it a great gas stablizer, but it also keeps everything clean & carbon free. I always have a little of it in my gas tank. I use it in everything I own that has a 4-stroke engine. My son just purchased a YZ125, not sure if I can run it in a 2-stroke. Seafoam rocks

• Like 1

After getting some bad gas in my outboard about 10 years ago the guy at the boat dealer advised I try Sea Foam to condition the gas. It worked great I started using it in all my other machines and have not had a starting problem in years.

This is off their web site;

SEA FOAM was developed originally for the marine market—"That's why the great name SEA FOAM." Fred Fandrei, the founder of SEA FOAM, showed Evinrude Outboard Motors how to solve their stale fuel, varnish and carbon problems with its use. Because the product worked so well, and after many years of experimentation, SEA FOAM became a great problem solver in the automotive after market as well. It is renowned as the finest, most multifaceted and safest petroleum product of our times.

so is it for aftter your bike or whatever it is your using has been sitting for a while then you put it in? or do you put it in prior to letting it sit for a while.

It acts as a fuel conditioner. If you put it in the gas prior to it setting for a while it will keep the gas from going south on you. Also if you run the conditioned gas through the carb then shut off the petcock and let it run dry it will help keep the carb from varnishing up.

I use this stuff in all my carb powered machines all year long. I believe the gas we purchase these days stinks and any assistance we can give our gas would be helpful to our motors.

so can i just put it in my gas every time i fill my bike up to ride, or are you not supposed to ride with it to much?

I'm starting to sound like I'm sellin' the stuff. Like I said its a fuel conditioner add it with every tank if you want. Just read the back of the can for the proper amount.

My ttr -250 has been setting idle for the last month or so (cold, snow, ice ect here in eastern pa) . This past Saturday , we got some warm weather so my son & I took the bikes out for a short ride near our home. My bike ALWAYS has some Seafoam in the tank mixed with the gas. I pulled the choke , hit the starter & within a second or two engine fired right up. In fact it always fires right up no matter how long it's been setting. My street bike would sit from like December till March , same deal fires right up. I have a 5-gallon gas can that I use for the TTR & when I fill the can, a 1\2 can of Seafoam is ALWAYS added. What really cracks me up is my lawnmower, I have this 12 year old $99 dollar lawnmower & it sets all winter long (Sept to May) with Seafoam in it's gas tank. Every Spring when I first pull it out of the shed , prime the carb & it's starts 1st pull every time & it's never missed a beat (still has the original spark plug). My son's 1st bike was a 1982 honda xr80 that was setting in someones garage for over 15 years. I cleaned the carb & points, put in a new plug, put about a 1\2 can of Seafoam in the tank & the bike just kept running better & better. After about three tanks of gas with Seafoam added , that bike ran like brand new. My son's next bike was a 2003 TTR 125. Same deal, Seafoam in the tank & that bike always ran perfect , NEVER had a problem starting 1st or 2nd kick EVER, cold , hot, wet setting for a month or two. Ive been using the stuff for years & swear by it. If you want to keep your thumper running great , USE IT! It will keep your fuel system clean , will prevent your valves & piston from getting any carbon build up, & keep your fuel stabil. My son just moved up to his 3rd bike , a yz125. I'm almost sure that Seafoam says that it works as well with 2 stroke engines. I'm waiting for a reply from them to confirm this. Once they do , seafoam will ALWAYS be in that gas tank as well. At about 5 bucks a can it's really a worthwhile investment.

ps - I use in in all of our cars as well.

we used it in a buddies 2-stroke snowmoblie. was running rough and didnt want to pull. dumped about 1/3 of a can in and within 20 min was running perfectly. was all barky and loving the pipes again.