Sign in to follow this  

Unadilla vs. Colorado.........

has anyone been to both tracks.......i love unadilla but was thinking of a trip this summer to check out larocco's leap or the colorado track......how does the colorado track compare to unadilla from a spectator's point of view???

both of you open your good eye........."to check out larocco's leap OR the colorado track".......translated means i realize larocco's leap is not at the coloroado track.

Thunder Valley is litteraly on the other side of the hill from my house. Great for spectating you can almost see the whole track from nearly anywhere.

thunder valley (colorado track) is a great track to ride, but it doesnt have any jumps that compare to lorrocos leap, also the track is hard for the nationals, but fairly easy to clear anything on a 250f if you have some skill, and very easy on a 450, it is only difficult for the national because they disc it about a foot deep

Thunder Valley is litteraly on the other side of the hill from my house. Great for spectating you can almost see the whole track from nearly anywhere.

same thing with unadilla. unadilla is a gnarly track and awesome for sure. heres some pics.

UnidillaMX026.jpg

UnidillaMX024.jpg

Make the trip to Washougal and you'll have the both of the best national tracks covered. (shougal and dilla!)

same thing with unadilla. unadilla is a gnarly track and awesome for sure. heres some pics.

UnidillaMX026.jpg

UnidillaMX024.jpg

i just wish they didnt emasculate "screw u" last year.....

My brother used to live about 5 miles from Thunder Valley and went to the 2005 National there, and has gone to Red Bud a number of times, and he tells me that, while the Colorado round was quite fun, in his opinion Red Bud is still the better race to attend. If you can find the time and the cash, go to both. Colorado is a beautiful place to be in the summer.

My brother used to live about 5 miles from Thunder Valley and went to the 2005 National there, and has gone to Red Bud a number of times, and he tells me that, while the Colorado round was quite fun, in his opinion Red Bud is still the better race to attend. If you can find the time and the cash, go to both. Colorado is a beautiful place to be in the summer.

thats the other reason i'm interested.....i'd like to scope out the rockies etc....

ive never been to colorado..but i dont live far from unadilla at all..i race on the U2 amateur track behind the pro track as its part of my district which is cool..i love dilla..awsome set up of both tracks and it gets really rutty and nasty which is real MX for yah

that and the partying that goes on the saturday night before the race is CRAZY awsome =D

If your looking for a good spectator track I would recommend Budds Creek. You can see 90% of the track from almost anywhere. I've been to the Thunder Valley National the last two years and IMO I wouldn't travel cross country to see it.

I have been to Thundervally for both nationals and it is a great time. The only other national I have been to was Millville. That was awesome. I would like to get to all of them.

If your looking for a good spectator track I would recommend Budds Creek. You can see 90% of the track from almost anywhere. I've been to the Thunder Valley National the last two years and IMO I wouldn't travel cross country to see it.

I agree with this guy. Budds is definitely one of the best national tracks on the circuit with crazy elevation changes. It's almost like a bowl so basically, anywhere you sit you will have a great view of about 90% of the track.