Sign in to follow this  

Leak Jet for Ap mod

I just wanted to kno, if anyone here did the redbeard mod with their kx250f...and i was wondering wat leak jets u guys changed too

some people recommended a 50, now tell if im wrong, but with a smaller leak jet (60 stock for 07)..would make the orifice in the jet smaller therefore allowing more squirt going through the Ap circuit/nozzle....but Baron Von beard suggested a bigger leak jet to decrease the volume of the squirt....i just want a good starting point

this is wat i was thinking...if u time the squirt earlier, so that it barely hits the valve slide..that would mean u would need a longer duration...so i would think getting a smaller leak jet would be better b/c smaller leak jet leads longer squirt duration/volume.

so im stuck...just wanted to get a good basline of wat size leak jets to use:excuseme:

thankx

The #40 Leak Jet works awesome……

Don't go bigger with the leak jet, Go smaller.

The #40 Leak Jet works awesome……

Don't go bigger with the leak jet, Go smaller.

thats wat i was saying...but Baron Von beard suggested to move up...to a 70 to shorten the volume/duration...but that would cause a slight hesitation and a low end bog...

need some more suggestions:busted:

thats wat i was saying...but Baron Von beard suggested to move up...to a 70 to shorten the volume/duration...but that would cause a slight hesitation and a low end bog

Redbeard was refering to a CRF 450. For me my 06 manual stated a 60 leak was stock yet in my bike was a 55. I merely tried only a 45 and it worked great, perhaps there's more potential.

For those that are unsure here, the leak jet allows fuel to bypass (leak past) the accellerator pump. Therefore its reverse thinking a larger leak jet would allow less fuel thru the pump causing less of a snap when the throttle is turned further open. And a smaller leak jet would allow more fuel thru the pump and giving a stronger hit. Fwiw my 06 never had any hesitation when stock yet with the mod it hits harder. Not bad for a cheap mod, an oring, a leak jet and some time.

jpolete35

Where do you find team green info??

I spent 20 min on that site coming up with very little, like rider bio's and stuff.

I ride a 06 bought new and ride offroad in No. Jersey. I tried Jd needles, boyesen quick shot, power now and messed with the stock needle some too. Then I tried the Pro Circuit settings with the AP mod ( oring and 45 leak jet) and w/o the power now and it never ran better!!!

I ride a 06 bought new and ride offroad in No. Jersey. I tried Jd needles, boyesen quick shot, power now and messed with the stock needle some too. Then I tried the Pro Circuit settings with the AP mod ( oring and 45 leak jet) and w/o the power now and it never ran better!!!

ok so thats another person that is telling me to go smaller..which i agree..but wanted to see if anyone can argue to go bigger with the leak jet.... but like i said if u time the squirt earlier, so that it barely hits the valve slide..that would mean u would need a longer duration...so i would think getting a smaller leak jet would be better b/c smaller leak jet leads longer squirt duration/volume.

And the point of the Ap mod was to prevent any lag...and to overcome the fuel flow pressure....redbeard had said that the spring pressure that pushes the rod..is overpowered by the pressure when the fuel is forced out of the resevoir...but that leads me to thinking....if this mod allows u to get the most squirt out of the Ap..then dnt u need to go bigger with the leak...to decrease the volume

but i think u really need to go smaller...:applause:

Did you have to grind down the pin on the diaphram?

Did you have to grind down the pin on the diaphram?

no he didn'g shave the Ap diaphragm rivet.....most 250f's dnt need it cause it doesnt bottom out....but the crf450r needs the shaved rivet.....

now i just need a logical reason why to go down or up on the leak...jet so far i have 2 options

go smaller:

b/c some people recommended a 50, now tell if im wrong, but with a smaller leak jet (60 stock for 07)..would make the orifice in the jet smaller therefore allowing more squirt going through the Ap circuit/nozzle........i just want a good starting point

Wat i was thinking...if u time the squirt earlier, so that it barely hits the valve slide..that would mean u would need a longer duration...so i would think getting a smaller leak jet would be better b/c smaller leak jet leads longer squirt duration/volume.

go bigger:

And the point of the Ap mod was to prevent any lag...and to overcome the fuel flow pressure....redbeard had said that the spring pressure that pushes the rod..is overpowered by the pressure when the fuel is forced out of the resevoir...but that leads me to thinking....if this mod allows u to get the most squirt out of the Ap..then dnt u need to go bigger with the leak...to decrease the volume....(not to sure if this is right)

but any tips will help....but im just gonna get 2 leaks above 60 and 2 below...and try that out...i just wanted a good reason why i should do up/down:excuseme:

jpolete35

Where do you find team green info??

I spent 20 min on that site coming up with very little, like rider bio's and stuff.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs/insideTeamGreen/ITG-0606-Pages22-32.pdf

that is the link to the team green settings for suspension and jetting, You have to scroll down to page thirty though. Pro circuits jetting specs are on their website. i think these jetting specs in both cases are for an 06 250f b/c it claims that the the bike in question comes with a ncyu needle and thats what a 06 comes with. i forget what the 07 comes with.

jpolete35

Thanks for the link that jetting sure looks like the specs on the Pro Circuit site.

yeah i think they are the exact same except for the fuel screw turns and the main jet. im about to find out how good these settings are. i just got the jets and needles just like pc said for my kx250f. i also got the jets and needle for my friends 07 crf250. cant wait to see how good pro circuits settings are....