trying to get a track built in my town

ok i really want to try to get a track built around grove city, ohio.

im tired of driveing 2 hours to get to a track and so is my dad. and i really want to try and get the city to build i track, but they are just building parks. there are alot of riders in grove city, hilliard, columbus and surrounding areas so support is really not an issue. so i have i few question about where to start like should i write a letter to the mayor or what. i have know idea where to start.

thanks tyler :applause:

ok i really want to try to get a track built around grove city, ohio.

im tired of driveing 2 hours to get to a track and so is my dad. and i really want to try and get the city to build i track, but they are just building parks. there are alot of riders in grove city, hilliard, columbus and surrounding areas so support is really not an issue. so i have i few question about where to start like should i write a letter to the mayor or what. i have know idea where to start.

thanks tyler :applause:

sorry I can't offer any help with this. But I'm curious about something. Are there actually cities that have built mx tracks? In Tx, all the tracks I have rode have been owned by individuals. The only place I know ran by the city is Emma Long but this is more trails. I would think the city running a MX track would be a huge liability.

I hope you're able to get some thing going. Have you looked into buying some land and start your own track?

There is a town out by me that got a skate park build is took over 6 years for it to finally get build. A motocross track might be to much. With all the legal stuff these days there's no chance.

Build your own if you can find land.

Good luck guys! Our track has been in continual operation since 1969 (the oldest in Oregon) and we still have to fight the county to keep operating. Most cities and counties wont take on such a major liability. I wish it wasnt true but the racers that use the tracks are also the reason most shut down,we got sued a couple of years ago by a racers grandmother that got hit while crossing the track!She was also drunk!Needless to say that part really saved our bacon.

There is a town out by me that got a skate park build is took over 6 years for it to finally get build. A motocross track might be to much. With all the legal stuff these days there's no chance.

Build your own if you can find land.

that happened to us too

it took them so long to build a skate park and they finally did

but if they even considered the track it would take them 10 years

legal stuff is gay:thumbsdn:

Good luck guys! Our track has been in continual operation since 1969 (the oldest in Oregon) and we still have to fight the county to keep operating. Most cities and counties wont take on such a major liability. I wish it wasnt true but the racers that use the tracks are also the reason most shut down,we got sued a couple of years ago by a racers grandmother that got hit while crossing the track!She was also drunk!Needless to say that part really saved our bacon.

What track are you referring to Mike?

Yeah I think the liability is a huge issue. You can't even find a public pool with a diving board because of it. I would try and get a group together or a investment group and look into opening a track that way. But you would need to know that profits wouldn't be huge. I think most tracks are happy if they just break even.

this is the kind of the same thing that happened to me, but I wanted a skate park not a mx track.

first off, . Start a list of riders in your town that want a track, than go to city counsel meetings and talk about building a mx park, and show the signature of the riders in you town . And talk about the ups of what the mx track would bring to the city,$$$

KEEP going to the counsel meetings.

and liability is most likely not an issue. They well have any one who rides sing a weaver

o and in the end.. i got the skate park!

this is the kind of the same thing that happened to me, but I wanted a skate park not a mx track.

first off, . Start a list of riders in your town that want a track, than go to city counsel meetings and talk about building a mx park, and show the signature of the riders in you town . And talk about the ups of what the mx track would bring to the city,$$$

KEEP going to the counsel meetings.

and liability is most likely not an issue. They well have any one who rides sing a weaver

o and in the end.. i got the skate park!

Its not easy has 1 2 3. There's more to in then just a liability. There is also nose exhaust flumes and all the other BS. If you live in a town with people always getting caught rideing on the roads with Bikes and Atv's then when you go to the counsel mettings bring up that this would stop that.

If a track was build. What is going to be done to keep dust town. Who would maintain it. I don't think a city would hire workers to keep the track maintained. I think its just out of the question. But give it a shot.

You might find info on the AMA website.Some people in Georgia I think ,built a trail system with the cooperation and help of the local agencies with the understanding that various parts of the park would serve different users like mountain bikers, horse riders etc.I know this isnt what your planning on doing, but you should get help from it. Oh Ya.........No LOUD pipes!!!

Any city council would laugh you out of the building with a petition drafted using the piss poor spelling and grammar used in this post. Is this the English as a second language forum?

If support really isn't an issue, form a club, pool your money, buy land, and build your own track. My city has a parcel of land zoned for motor sports, and we lease the land our track is built on from them. But its pure pie in the sky to think any town or city would get actively involved in building or maintaining an MX track.

Thats a tall, nearly impossible, order. You will, first, have to demonstrate demand - ie lots of petition names (maybe captured via web?). No way they will build it for a proportionatley few people. You are asking them to bite off a lot: HUGE insurance costs, staffing, maintenance staffing (no easy job to fill), etc. Im down in Cincinnati, I would drive up ;^)