Sign in to follow this  

Bad Rings? 03 Rm250

My Local Shop Just Tuned My Bike And It Is Still Oozing Alot Of Crap Down The Exhaust In My Paperwork I Got Back From Them They Said Theyneedle Was Out Of Adjustment And Main Jet Was Changed Two Sizes.new Air Screw And O Ring Installed...on That Note Its Still Running Poorly On The Throttle And Exxessive Thick Smoke And Lots Of Blackooze Still Is This The Rings Or A Different Matter...thanks For The Time

Dude I think it's time to be blunt with you, for your own good! BUY A MANUAL!!!! READ IT!!! LEARN IT!!!! Buy some tools, Don't worry about a torque wrench yet. Learn how to maintain your bike. DO NOT take it to a dealer for every little problem!!! How's the weather there? Cold? Well if it is your bike is going to drip a little more oil from exhaust than normal. Yes two strokes do drip some spooge from the exhaust once in a while. What kind of oil are you using? What mixture ratio are you using? How are you mixing it? I bet your dealer changed your jetting back to stock settings, which is now way too rich! You keep running to the dealer, and getting screwed like you just did, you're not going to enjoy dirt biking too much at all! Sorry, it's for your own good.

hey dude, the best thing to do is go back to stock jetting.then run your mixture at 40:1 heres a little trick to set your pilot jet. start bike and let it idle. then turn up idle so the bike idles sort of high. take your air screw and turn it ,clockwise untill the bike stars to sputter or seems like its going to stall. then turn it counterclockwise untill u reach that high idle again.if u turn it out past 2 and1/2 turns, drop the pilot jet one size smaller. this is a good place to start. if your running a aftermarket exhaust,contact the people who sell the pipe, and ask them about jetting specs on your bike. your spark plug should burn a nice tan color. hope this helps u out. give it a shot and let us know how shes running. if u got any other questions, pm me if u like. :applause:

The o3 RM jetting is wacked out. If you go back to stock it is good if you run WOT all the time but if you ride trails or are a beginner rider you will have enough spoog to start your own oil company. Consider the JD jetting kit for $75.o or spend alot of time jetting. The needle is the problem as it is too rich at closed to 1/4 - 3/8 throttle. You can do a search here or the jetting section to see what people have done. Happy hunting.

Dude I think it's time to be blunt with you, for your own good! BUY A MANUAL!!!! READ IT!!! LEARN IT!!!! Buy some tools, Don't worry about a torque wrench yet. Learn how to maintain your bike. DO NOT take it to a dealer for every little problem!!! How's the weather there? Cold? Well if it is your bike is going to drip a little more oil from exhaust than normal. Yes two strokes do drip some spooge from the exhaust once in a while. What kind of oil are you using? What mixture ratio are you using? How are you mixing it? I bet your dealer changed your jetting back to stock settings, which is now way too rich! You keep running to the dealer, and getting screwed like you just did, you're not going to enjoy dirt biking too much at all! Sorry, it's for your own good.

killerdwarff,all the crap your thinking im whining about has allready been done i took my bike to where i bought my bike and ive had the ****in manual since i got the damn bike and it doesnt say shit about the questions im askin,and sory dude its for your own good but the only thing that makes me not like riding bikes is wise ass pricks like you ,everybodys a tough guy behind your computer...thanks

You may have a leaking crank seal. That can cause it to run crappy and you will suck tranny oil in to the crank case. If that is happening it will smoke real bad and ooze black gunk. The oil you use makes a huge difference too. I run Motul 800 at 50:1 and have good luck with that.

You may have a leaking crank seal. That can cause it to run crappy and you will suck tranny oil in to the crank case. If that is happening it will smoke real bad and ooze black gunk. The oil you use makes a huge difference too. I run Motul 800 at 50:1 and have good luck with that.

:applause: I have had a couple go bad and it's hard to diagnose can be a pain.Check your crank seals for sure and I also use Motul 800 at 40:1.:applause:

thanks man its its good to get second opinions,patcap