Sign in to follow this  

Taco City

Well, I finally did it. While practicing ledges I ran the left side of the bike into a rock wall. I'm OK except for a couple of broken ribs (again) and damaged pride. These were 3-4 foot steps up out of a wash where a road used to be. I went down the section and then turned around to see if I could make it up. I did not make it. My Unabikers finally failed me so [ATTACH]2646[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2648[/ATTACH]after several crashes and destroyed shrouds they must be replaced. Have to order new ones tonight so they can get on the bike by Sunday. Suggestions PLEASE!

You guys are great! I need speedy answers and you came through! I don't have the white plastic OEM stuff anymore. Can I still use the Roosters or Moose guards? I LIKE them both! Help me decide! Leave it to me to wreck my bike and body 5 days before race day.

Well, I finally did it. While practicing ledges I ran the left side of the bike into a rock wall. I'm OK except for a couple of broken ribs (again) and damaged pride. These were 3-4 foot steps up out of a wash where a road used to be. I went down the section and then turned around to see if I could make it up. I did not make it. My Unabikers finally failed me so [ATTACH]2646[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2648[/ATTACH]after several crashes and destroyed shrouds they must be replaced. Have to order new ones tonight so they can get on the bike by Sunday. Suggestions PLEASE!

you know better!! :applause:

You serious??? you busted the ribs again??

And you surely aren't serious to race this weekend are you??

... holy crap batman. You need a air bag crash suit. Wait... who's talking? Me too I guess. :applause:

Anyway... Flatlanders!!! Think about my get off this last Sunday... the 4th or 5th gear speeds... the knarly whoop section, and how my bike has no damage. Simply amazing... I owe it all to... to... uhhh... luck I guess (obviously not the flatlanders :lol:)

You okay?!

If the Flatlanders can withstand the kind of crash you had, JJ, they are pretty darn tough. You scared the sh!t out of all of us. Thankfully you're OK! You're one tough cookie for sure. All that after another holeshot too....

I just slammed into a wash wall while trying to climb/hop ledges yesterday. Reinjured my ribs but only 2 this time. You can see by the pics the left side took a pretty good hit. Had that much force driving my elbow into my chest. More damage to the bike. I'll try and get it fixed this week and if I can't I'll try and work the race. See you there?

I hear you, Desert Red! Lots of people really like the Roosters and I was going to put them on but found the Flatlands at the local shop I use most...so it worked out for me. The only thing I would worry about with the Roosters is frontal protection....gotta have that when these guys go by me and throw boulders.

If the Flatlanders can withstand the kind of crash you had, JJ, they are pretty darn tough. You scared the sh!t out of all of us. Thankfully you're OK! You're one tough cookie for sure. All that after another holeshot too....

Flatlanders are :applause: For sure. I wish I was as tough. hahaha... (thanks for the words JM... I'm recovering very quickly, and just about back to normal)

I just slammed into a wash wall while trying to climb/hop ledges yesterday. Reinjured my ribs but only 2 this time. You can see by the pics the left side took a pretty good hit. Had that much force driving my elbow into my chest. More damage to the bike. I'll try and get it fixed this week and if I can't I'll try and work the race. See you there?

Sheeesh. :lol: Your not getting any younger Mofettson.

And yes, I'll be there Sunday am. No bike, just me and TuckQuadMan helping and watching. Supporting the people who supported me, and saying thanks.

:applause:

See you Sunday, JJ. Hopefully I'll be on the bike but if not I too will be there to try and help out. Can't get worker points but that's OK. I really wanted to do this one coming up and try and get a friggin' TRANSFER. Got called in to WORK today so it put my healing and maintenance schedule behind on getting the FLATLAND rad braces put on and all the other stuff my SWEETHEART 450X needs.....She's been a good girl...the rider is the one needing some remediation.