Sign in to follow this  

Disk Breaks?

If you need more brakes, i'd say just get an oversized front rotor. They will cool better producing better stopping. If you want custom ones for the bling factor, i'd say pass on them .

at 14 your gonna need quite an allowance to afford carbon brakes if thats what you mean, because the only thing tricker then wave is carbon disC brakes.

about 10 yrs ago a friend of mine wore out his stock rear rotor and made his own solid rotor. he just traced his old one on to some plate steel and cut it out then to get it perfectly round he mounted it, bike in gear on a stand, and held a grinder to it. lol. redneck, but it worked awesome because it was kinda soft steel and hooked the pads great. It also was awesome in the mud.

If you want i could have him make you a set for all the money you can put together to offer him :applause:

Yeah but whats the point? Just bling bling???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

well since only you know what is goin on in your head when it comes to what looks good on your bike and what you want, why dont you draw it out in CAD and have a machine shop give you a quote for your one off custom brake discs? and please share with us the final price.

How much would custom disk brakes cost? Front and back

Moto-Master Oversized Front Rotor - $160.00

Moto-Master Oversized Front Adapter - $70.00

Moto-Master Rear Disc Rotor - $110.00

You need the oversized front adapter to accommodate the oversized front rotor. Otherwise it all just wont fit together.

Picture of Moto-Master Front Rotor & Adapter: http://www.moto-master.com/upload/images/OVERSIZE%20FLAME%20MOTOMASTER%20(2)_web.jpg

Moto-Master Oversized Front Rotor - $160.00

Moto-Master Oversized Front Adapter - $70.00

Moto-Master Rear Disc Rotor - $110.00

You need the oversized front adapter to accommodate the oversized front rotor. Otherwise it all just wont fit together.

Picture of Moto-Master Front Rotor & Adapter: http://www.moto-master.com/upload/images/OVERSIZE%20FLAME%20MOTOMASTER%20(2)_web.jpg

Here's what it looks like on a YZ250F

xafter.jpg

Notice the front flame rotor (from moto-master) and the orange adapter (also from motor-master).

Here's what it looks like on a YZ250F

xafter.jpg

Notice the front flame rotor (from moto-master) and the orange adapter (also from motor-master).

holy!! nice bike!!

yehh im just curious on the price. Im not gonna buy them.

So pick up a catalog and look for yourself you lazy twit.

OK, I look at your title and am thinking...hmmm.....someone broke their disk brake, should be interesting.

Brake - the act of stopping using mechanical devices

break - the severing / fracture of an object when force is applied

So Title should read "Disk Brakes"

Man, I went to the store and bought two hamburgers which was too much for me to finish!

sorry...some random typing here!