Sign in to follow this  

best exhausts for 06' CRF150F

i definatly want a new exhaust system for my bike. i was thinkn' about the 06' White Bros. R4 Mini. also maybe a bbr. but, i dont really know which are the best. im leaning towards white bros. i also dont know if a new exhaust would mess up anything with the electric start or anything like that

I don't know much about those particular exhausts, but what I do know is this. Swapping exhaust systems cannot affect your electric start in any possible way. It will affect your Air/Fuel mixture though, you need to rejet your carb. You also have to make sure the exhaust is made for an 06 and up 150f. The 03-05 150's have a total different motor.

apparently its pretty easy to rejet. but i took mine to the dealer. i dont want to open a carb and not know how to put it together.

i definatly want a new exhaust system for my bike. i was thinkn' about the 06' White Bros. R4 Mini. also maybe a bbr. but, i dont really know which are the best. im leaning towards white bros. i also dont know if a new exhaust would mess up anything with the electric start or anything like that

Howdy booyah2yah,

If it's any assistance to ya, go to my weblink in my signature below. Within it, I did a little SHOOTOUT between 2 pipes.

After you read it, I'll add this; I still have the winning pipe on my bike and it's still the quietest pipe ever. The quiet part just blows me away.

Now I know some folks out there really want loud, loud, loud. Somewhere in their minds, loud equals power. That was true a long time ago, but not anymore. FMF proved that with the Megabomb headers. Anyway, take a look. It might help you out.

P.S. rejetting is very easy. Do it on the kitchen floor so if anything flys out, you'll be able to find it. :applause:

theres this dude named rick ramsey and he has step by step directions for rejetting. i printed it out but never used it.

Welcome to TT.

It's not that difficult to re-jet your carb. I would suggest that you get a service manual if you don't have one already. It comes in very handy and gives you info at your fingertips.

If you re-jet be sure to open the air box also. As for your exhaust you can modify the baffle, remove the baffle, or use an aftermarket system. Tone brought up a good point and you should check out his website. :applause:

I love my BBR, def. more low end snap noticed and a quicker throttle response, after i re-jet ithe power was more evident

and rejetting aint hard, do yourself a favor and spend $50 on a service manual, it will pay itself off with one trip to the dealership saved by doing a re-jet by yourself

so what would happen if i put a new exhaust on it, but do not rejet the carb

Your bike would be louder but will have no significant gain in performance. I just put an exhaust system on my son's bike without opening the airbox or re-jetting it yet. In my opinion the bike runs flat. The only reason I installed the exhaust is because he was driving me:crazy:

It would be a waste to just do the exhaust. My 2 cents.

It would be a waste to just do the exhaust. My 2 cents.

i can second on that after running my BBR with no jetting for 6 months

but that was before i found TT =]

fyi - In stock form, the CRF150/230's are under jetted. If you put a pipe on them, then they are really under jetted.

Whatever you do, rejet the bike. Why do you think Honda even offered the "Power-up Kit?" The bike was released under jetted to meet emissions.

Where can I order a Engines Only exhaust??? I cant find anywhere that sells them

Engines only has the outlaw series exhaust. Do a search for engines only.

I did cant find anywhere besides xr100.com and it wont let me order off of that site. These mite be nice exhaust systems but if you cant find a place to order one it wont do any good!!!!