Sign in to follow this  

Binghamton national?

I heard Broome Tioga is no longer on the national tour.This sucks I have been going there for years to watch the U.S pros do there stuff, and the track was only 3Hrs across the border.This IMO was a great spectator track much better than Unadilla { not to mention I almost got Into fight with some drucken A holes that said some bad things to my girlfriend right in front of me at that place] Does anybody know if it will be back next year?

No it's not gonna happen, Rhumor has it that the owner of the track sold the right to hold a national event (I don't know to whom) because the AMA didn't want 2 national events in N.Y.:applause: Again this is what I heard last year at the race

The Binghamton National is going to move to Texas I understand. Word has it that California is the number one dirt bike sales market and therefore deserve their two Nationals. Texas is the number two dirt bikes sales market and they don't have a National. Arizona is the number three dirt bike market without a National. Florida is the number four Dirt bike market also without a National. Word is they are upset so many Nationals are grouped in the northeast. Well I live 50 minutes from Budd's Creek and my favorite track for the last 30 years is Mount Morris' Highpoint National. I don't think Budd's is very fan friendly but they claim the riders love it as one of their favorites. Rumor has it that Pennsylvania is going to lose one of it's Nationals next with it likely going to Florida area. I hope they spread out the Supercross races next. See you at Mount Morris, my favorite place on earth, but I'll see how you like Budd's Creek at the Motocross des Nations. Don't miss the Goat this year at the MDN. I went to Unadilla MDN in 1986 and it is MAGIC and unforgetable.

I was really disappointed to hear that Binghamton wouldn't be part of the series. I went there two years back and thought that it was really a great spectator track. The only complaint I had was that it took hours to get out of the place.

Personally, I hope the rumors are true about a Florida national but, hopefully, it won't be at the expense of HighPoint.

southwick is very lame to watch at.....this past year they made it much worse by putting banners up where they never had before....in two of the spots where you USED to be able to get a good view.......it may be a great sand track....but its a horrible place to watch a race if you care about seeing more than 50 or so yards of the track.

Unfortunately Tom Hurd did lose the national spot. He also sold his amateur track (hurricane hills). I believe the word is that he sold Broome-Tioga track as well? not sure. Both tracks are awesome to ride on and HOPEFULLY the people running them now do as good of a job as tom did.