Sign in to follow this  

Leaving Suzuki Sadly

Hey guys, I am writing to say I am trading my 06 rmz for a 07 blue bike. I am not really excited about it. I have only put 10 hours total on the rmz and it was as fun as you said it would be. This was probably the most fun bike to ride I have ever owned, but the fear of riding a possible time bomb killed it for me. I had questions about the bike before I bought it and you guys gave me the answers. I had questions after I bought it and you guys gave me the answers. I thank you. My local blue bike dealer gave me $4500 for it on trade. I hope those of you with problem rmz's get them worked out and thouse of you who have not never do! keep riding!-CW

god I envy you.

which dealer is giving you $4500 on an RMZ????????? does he want another one????????????????????

yall are a bunch of wusses. my 05 has been great. so you are gonna have to come up with about 2500 difference for a new 07 right? that was dumb man. go cry in a few months to those guys about how you blew it up and wasted your money.

the 07 YZf is a good choice. the one thing is, if your RM-Z is basically like new and you love it so much, you couldve kept it and even if it wouldve blown up you could have it fixed and be ahead of what it costs to trade it in on a YZF. so are you sure you just didnt want a new bike, rather than being 'scared' of the suzuki blowin up?

yall are a bunch of wusses. my 05 has been great. so you are gonna have to come up with about 2500 difference for a new 07 right? that was dumb man. go cry in a few months to those guys about how you blew it up and wasted your money.

Wow, brilliant analysis

Personally, if a Yamaha dealer would give me $4500 for a used Susucky toward a new Yamaha I would do it so fast it would make your head spin. I wouldn't even pay $4500 for a brand new Suzuki so to get that much on a used one is awesome

I wouldn't even pay $3500 for a new suzuki. To me they are like those $400 chinese quads. They look decent and it seems like a good deal but the truth is that they are junk

Whipit1k, please do us a favor, sell your Zook, and go buy yourself something blue or red or green or orange. Im sure that personally your a great guy but, I have been coming on this forum for a few months now since I bought my 05 and you have been on here bashing like crazy.

I purchased my 05 off of a guy who loved his so much that he is going to buy an 07. He maintained his 05 perfectly and has over 70 hours on it. Before he sold it to me he and his mechanic tore the bike down and found absolutely NO wear on any of the parts.

He contributes that to the fact he changed his oil on a REGULAR basis. After every 1-2 rides and his air filter after each ride.

I have been in contact with him since i bought the bike and have told him about what i read on this site. He told me that he knows quite a few guys in his club that run the RMZ and run them hard and they have never had the issues with the connecting rod or bearings.

I had a CRF450 and had to do the vavles twice in the 3 yrs I owned it. The last time I put just under 1K into getting it fixed. because when it went it did some serious damage and i had to replace everything in the head.

I think that it is a good point to point out that there is an issue with the connecting rod and that a good fix would be to get an after market set, either Hot Rods or ProX. but to sit here and waste your time, and ours, with your negative outlook is NOT productive. Be here to help not hurt!

Have a great day!

Wow, brilliant analysis

Personally, if a Yamaha dealer would give me $4500 for a used Susucky toward a new Yamaha I would do it so fast it would make your head spin. I wouldn't even pay $4500 for a brand new Suzuki so to get that much on a used one is awesome

I wouldn't even pay $3500 for a new suzuki. To me they are like those $400 chinese quads. They look decent and it seems like a good deal but the truth is that they are junk

Why don't you just leave?? It's clear nobody wants you in this forum, so please, just go.

Hey guys, I am writing to say I am trading my 06 rmz for a 07 blue bike. I am not really excited about it. I have only put 10 hours total on the rmz and it was as fun as you said it would be. This was probably the most fun bike to ride I have ever owned, but the fear of riding a possible time bomb killed it for me. I had questions about the bike before I bought it and you guys gave me the answers. I had questions after I bought it and you guys gave me the answers. I thank you. My local blue bike dealer gave me $4500 for it on trade. I hope those of you with problem rmz's get them worked out and thouse of you who have not never do! keep riding!-CW

Sorry to hear that, you should not listened to the idiots on this sight bashing Suzuki, my 06' is running just fine, just refreshed the motor, after 60+ hours and no problems found anywhere! Our 05' has been bullet proof sometimes running 6 or more motos a week! The 07' thus far has been just as reliable. Our local dealer has sold over 40 450's and not one, I repeat not 1 has been back for anything other than routine items (valve adjustments). I ride with the service manager and general manager, so believe me I would be told! For a dealer to give you $4500 for a trade in, when the trade in value is only $3200 and retail value is $4750, they must not be too concerned with selling it?

I am sure you will be happy with Yamaha, although if you go to that page, there is whinners there too. Good luck and ride hard!

Wow, brilliant analysis

When you post the words brilliant and analysis in one of your posts you are being totally ludicrous. You babbling and negative comments have been noted and I think everyone knows your feeling toward Suzuki. You are now on the 250f thread bashing a bike you haven’t even owned. According to your original post when your problem started, you didnt even know how many hours were on the bike as you bought it second hand &%$#@!!!!

But who cares most have had enough of your negativity, and look to resolve problems if they in fact exist. So please go away and exercise your right to ride whatever you want.

You sold the bike you admitted you loved because of what one jacka$$ and a couple other people posted online? Thats kinda sad you believe someone you've never met, talked to in person, or seen and based a 6k financial decision on them. On a side note, suzuki ranked highest in a recent JD power survey over every other jap brand for motorcycles in general in quality and overall owning costs. They know what their doing. No MX bike is invincable and from what we have seen so far in race bikes the RMZ has been one of the best in durability

Sorry to hear that, you should not listened to the idiots on this sight bashing Suzuki, my 06' is running just fine, just refreshed the motor, after 60+ hours and no problems found anywhere! Our 05' has been bullet proof sometimes running 6 or more motos a week! The 07' thus far has been just as reliable. Our local dealer has sold over 40 450's and not one, I repeat not 1 has been back for anything other than routine items (valve adjustments). I ride with the service manager and general manager, so believe me I would be told! For a dealer to give you $4500 for a trade in, when the trade in value is only $3200 and retail value is $4750, they must not be too concerned with selling it?

I am sure you will be happy with Yamaha, although if you go to that page, there is whinners there too. Good luck and ride hard!

I just rebuilded mine (piston, rod, bearings...and a tuned head) after 60 hours of supermoto use

of course a lot of fresh oil and some care on distribution chain :applause:

Bashing based on a used bike without knowing how it was maintainded orr even how many hours on it? Now thats brilliant...

Why don't you just leave?? It's clear nobody wants you in this forum, so please, just go.

ahhhhhhahahahah now that is a good one. As if I care. come on, are you kidding me?? &%$#@!

I agree, though, nobody wants me on this forum because they have a lot of $$ in their yellow junk and would like to pretend the problem does not exist.

Keep those heads right in the sand, guys

ahhhhhhahahahah now that is a good one. As if I care. come on, are you kidding me?? &%$#@!

I agree, though, nobody wants me on this forum because they have a lot of $$ in their yellow junk and would like to pretend the problem does not exist.

Nobody has there heads in the sand if want to tell everyone suzuki's suck then go ahead but please do it in another forum. Now go buy a yamaha and clean the sand out of vagina.

I will, thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

Wait a second.

Are you two "guys" really 14 and 17 years old??

&%$#@!

I have been arguing with high schoolers. hahah &%$#@!

My head may not be in the sand but my 05 is in nothing but the sand!I'm 6`2 and 190 lbs,my only problem,clutches and tires!I wish my 03 Yamaha would have lasted as long.

Wait a second.

Are you two "guys" really 14 and 17 years old??

&%$#@!

I have been arguing with high schoolers. hahah &%$#@!

I guess I'm not the one with my head in the sand after all if you think that the opinion of someone younger than you doesn't count. Or perhaps it's because you feel threatened?? Either way, I still wish you would leave. Thanks.