villopotos forks

why can 125 riders NOT run one off works parts like the 250 guys?? i thought the factory connection stuff on the honda 250fs are works stuff the public CANNOT obtain?

AMA rule. All the honda Factory Connection 250F's has is low-friction coating probably like on every part in the forks, then of course TiN or DLC on the inner fork tube. Then hours and hours of testing valving.

Now Kevin Windham's bike, no one will ever know what are in his forks.:applause:

You can buy pc showa" works" forks from PC, but they are not what his team are running. PC's bikes are running showa "kit" suspension, a differant animal all together. And about $20k more. The lites class is not a farm league and factories put just as much $ into them as the 450's. A factory 250f has just as much unobtainable parts on it as any 450.

You can buy pc showa" works" forks from PC, but they are not what his team are running. PC's bikes are running showa "kit" suspension, a differant animal all together. And about $20k more. The lites class is not a farm league and factories put just as much $ into them as the 450's. A factory 250f has just as much unobtainable parts on it as any 450.

not exactly, although they are factory bikes the ama still require that the suspension in the lites class be available to any pro licensed rider at any time during the season for 4500 retail for the complete fork assy. (less clamps) and 1750 for the shock. The 450 suspension does not have this stipulation.

I don't like to brag or argue but I'm right...

http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/pdf/SX_MX%2007%20Rulebook.pdf

No problem, arguing on the internet is alot like winning the special olympics........ But just for fun try calling up Bones and asking for some team bike takeoffs for $5k. The "aproved list" will surprise you a little.

Oh...so are saying, even though the forks are worth $20,000 they sell the forks to approved riders for $5k?

Because I remember Bubba's mechanic(forgot his name) even say his forks are worth like $30,000 whem he was on a 125.

Part of the worth of this stuff is the testing and man hours that go into them. I have seen two sets of the "kit" forks. I also saw a large lease bill for the season.You seem like a smart young man that pays attention to things. The ama's rule book is really only enforced when its conveniant for them or a formal protest is filed.

Part of the worth of this stuff is the testing and man hours that go into them. I have seen two sets of the "kit" forks. I also saw a large lease bill for the season.You seem like a smart young man that pays attention to things. The ama's rule book is really only enforced when its conveniant for them or a formal protest is filed.

cool thanks for clearing that up.:applause:

Oh its like the fuel rule.