ttr-50e cold natured

I HAVE 2006 TTR-50 THAT IS VERY COLD NATURED.IT TAKES MORE THAN THE NORMAL AMOUNT OF TIME TO GET IT NOT TO SHUT OFF WHEN MY BOY RIDES IT.ONCE HE RIDES IT A WHILE IT IS FINE.EVEN IF ITS 80 DEGREES OUTSIDE I STILL HAVE TO CHOKE IT TO DEATH...ANY ONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.I WAS THINKING OF CHANGING THE PILOT.ALSO WHAT ARE THE WIRES CONNECTED TO THE CARB?:applause:

My son's had the same problem. I re-jetted the mainand replaced the needle via the GYTR jet kit. I had a leftover pilot from my son's TTR-125L that I used. I also replaced the airbox with a GYTR foam airfilter and did the "washer" mod to the exhaust to open it up. It usually starts now with no choke at all, and if it's been sitting for a while, just a small amount of choke or barely a twist of the throttle.

The wires on the carb are for the carb heater.

:applause: thanks for the reply.i did not know there was a washer in the exhaust.any chance you would remember what size pilot you used?i will break my carb down this evening . thanks again.

?

For the pilot, we used the stock pilot off our TTR-125, which is a 17.5 I believe. I can't remember which main we used, but it was the one recommended by the documentation which came with the GYTR jet kit. We also used the needle that comes with the kit.

As for the "washer" mod, what I was talking about was we removed the spark arrestor from the end of the muffler and used a washer between the spark arrestor and the muffler when we re-attached it. It basically opens up a little space to relieve the backpressure. It was the best free mod I found.

I do have to add that this morning we put on a GYTR exhaust and man, does it sound GREAT! :applause: I got it off ebay from a Yamaha dealer for less than half of retail. Very nice pipe. I was going to get the BBR, but liked the GYTR and got a great deal.

I still want to put the 88cc BBK on it one day. That would be fun!

Bigest gain your going to see is just replacing the pilot with one size bigger. al these bikes are really jetted lean. Id try the pilot 1st. the main and needle wont really affect the warming up issue. granted they cant hurt to get a little more power out of the motor. But your going to have to open up the airbox like mentioned above to get any noticible diff out of that.

remove the exhaust restricting washer and bump up the pilot. That should do it.

THANKS A LOT GUYS.I HAD ALREADY DONE THE SPARK ARRESTOR MOD.I DO THAT AS SOON AS I GET A BIKE OUT OF ITS BOX.HOPEFULLY I WILL GET TIME TO BREAK THE CARB DOWN MONDAY EVENING.I WILL POST LATER ON HOW IT DOES.THANKS.:applause: