Sign in to follow this  

what do you think about this?

sounds a bit high to me keep looking, you will find something better shoot for a 96 and up for a yz 125

sounds a bit high to me keep looking, you will find something better shoot for a 96 and up for a yz 125

I think that's what I'm gonna do. A 250 jut seems like a handful to learn on to me, but I thought I'd ask if a bike like that was a good deal. but

I had a 1994 yz250 that had Noleen susp, pro circuit pipe, gytr long rod kit, ported, the full works. It was still nothing compared to the stock 95 cr250 i got next.

Those yrs yamahas handled like junk, they dont turn. A nice way of putting it is they are stable. lol.

The best older 250 you can get is a steel framed honda, 93-96. Honest to god when i got my 2006 yz250 if felt just like my old 95 cr. Yes it had more power, but it was similar the way it delievered it, and even the motor sounded the same under accel. They even handled very close, and you know the aluminum framed yz250s are about the best 250 made today.

dont get a 97-99 honda 250 unless you want to ride a 2x4. they had the hardest seats and the most vibrating bars...

thats a pretty reasonable price for california, the land of overinflated everything, but I saw an 02 KX125 on the LA craigslist for like 1000 and several more for 15-1600, all 99 or newer (red sticker....DOH!)