Sign in to follow this  

Sparkplug Enduro Flyer

Did anyone else get their flyer for the Sparkplug Enduro yet? Got mine yesterday looked like the postal service had some problems with it. It looks as if it got caught in the mail sorter. Big red stamp on it "DAMAGED IN HANDLING IN THE POSTAL SERVICE" :lol:

The flyer says No remote gas. looks like the long course will be coming back to the staging area before a second loop.

Who alls going, and are you riding with a friend on your minute?

I will be riding with Chuck Husum this year. I'm getting really excited to kick off the Enduro season, I just hope I remember how! :applause::applause:

Good luck Reverup! I was planning on being at this event, but I just got word that a family member is gravely ill and there's a family function that day. So I'll hopefully make the Sparkplug next year.

You all have fun!

I'm sending my entry and check to Dean today so he can make sure that we get on the same minute. I'm scared that this race is going to kick my butt! First long course enduro and it will be on a new bike! Could be interesting. :applause: But I'm excited too! The good news is, after this event, I won't have to ride Tahuya until next fall! I've decided that me and Tahuya don't really like each other.

Good luck Reverup! I was planning on being at this event, but I just got word that a family member is gravely ill and there's a family function that day. So I'll hopefully make the Sparkplug next year.

You all have fun!

Thanks, mrudy! I'm sorry to hear that! Give a heart felt "GET WELL" to the ill member of your family for me. See ya soon!

I'll be there.

Are you bringing Boo Boo with you to ride on your minute.:applause:

Sorry, just kidding, I don't know who you are, but I couldn't help myself.:applause:

See ya there, well that is if I figure out who you are. Roscoe

I'm sending my entry and check to Dean today so he can make sure that we get on the same minute. I'm scared that this race is going to kick my butt! First long course enduro and it will be on a new bike! Could be interesting. :applause: But I'm excited too! The good news is, after this event, I won't have to ride Tahuya until next fall! I've decided that me and Tahuya don't really like each other.

Thats cool, Dean and Tom will show you how to ride back in your minute and teach you what closing speed is in an Enduro.

Did you get the new scoot yet? If so, thats good. If not with Eddiville coming up, free weekends are getting few and far between. If you already have it congrats, and you should have some time to set it up and get a few rides on it to get used to it and dial it in.

As far as getting fatigued at the Sparkplug, plan on it! If it is like most years, it probably could have some tough speed averages and make it difficult to get back on time and turn it into a scramble to the finish. But if its like last years, they will give you some time back.

Thats to bad about the bad ju ju with Tahuya you know as well as I do Tahuya has some of the best tight yet fast single track around. I must say I don't care for Tahuya when its really dry and marbles. Otherwise, I have fun there. See ya soon. :applause:

got my flier tuesday, and I am hoping to send it in this weekend.

See ya there, and Cool, a yellow bike, something to break up the sea of orange at the starting line.:applause: :applause:

Hey, and as Prez of the Stumpjumpers, please try and sell the importance of adding an enduro to the already busy and generous off-road events your club hosts.

Lets just say for example if it were held at Reiter it would not need to be as long as the other 80+ milers cause the terrain is more physically demanding especially early or late in the year. It could be short 1 loop of 30 miles and long 2 loops of 30 miles each. I know its not a big money maker but we all do it for the love of the enduro sport. It would be great if the NMA enduro season could grow a little like the off-road season did. It seems right when you get back into the routine of timekeeping the season is ending. Especially for our club cause our members don't get to ride the Blackbear. So 4 enduros with 1 being a night enduro. And with the Time keeper and Night Enduro on the same day, they really feel like 1 event. They may as well put a wait in the middle of the two and call it the All Day and Night Enduro. Hey thats a pretty good name, which club wants to host that event! Ok Ok I'll quit babbling! :lol:

Did anyone else get their flyer for the Sparkplug Enduro yet? Got mine yesterday looked like the postal service had some problems with it. It looks as if it got caught in the mail sorter. Big red stamp on it "DAMAGED IN HANDLING IN THE POSTAL SERVICE" :cry:

The flyer says No remote gas. looks like the long course will be coming back to the staging area before a second loop.

Who alls going, and are you riding with a friend on your minute?

I will be riding with Chuck Husum this year. I'm getting really excited to kick off the Enduro season, I just hope I remember how! :applause::cry:

I'll be there!! Can I ride on your minute too?......:applause::lol:

I'll be there!! Can I ride on your minute too?......:applause: :applause:

Cool thats 2 yellow bikes now! :lol:

Ride on my minute? now that wouldn't be any fun, would it Dave? :cry: Its should be a very competitive class this year for us! See ya there!

Well I'll probably see ya at Eddiville before that. Maybe you would like to go down there for a day of practice on a weekend coming up? :cry:

Did you get the new scoot yet? If so, thats good. If not with Eddiville coming up, free weekends are getting few and far between. If you already have it congrats, and you should have some time to set it up and get a few rides on it to get used to it and dial it in.

I bet after dean gets a chance to ride her new scoot he will want to trade in his 200s for a couple of XC-F (probably Ws). he seemed quite impressed with the handling of my stock 250 XC, the 250 XC-F is substantially better IMO!!!

anyway, since she got a new ride for her b-day I decided I get one too, mine is looking to be a new SX-F though :-)

oh, and my entry is in the mail :applause:

don, skinner, rhino, you guys need to get in on these enduros. or are you scared?

Are you bringing Boo Boo with you to ride on your minute.:applause:

Sorry, just kidding, I don't know who you are, but I couldn't help myself.:lol:

See ya there, well that is if I figure out who you are. Roscoe

Oh you won't have any trouble figuring it out, for Yogi rides an xr200. In fact Old School Jeff should be traveling up from Oregon country with his xr200 as well. Team xr200. That's what we'll be. Just look for the bike with the number plate which boasts "The little 200 that could".

Some day one of those KTM 250 4-bangers will have my name on it, but until then, I will make do. :applause:

I bet after dean gets a chance to ride her new scoot he will want to trade in his 200s for a couple of XC-F (probably Ws). he seemed quite impressed with the handling of my stock 250 XC, the 250 XC-F is substantially better IMO!!!:-)

I don't know!To see Dean actually buy a bike with valves would be like dean hooking up a pc and using it. That would be a very shocking day indeed!:applause:

anyway, since she got a new ride for her b-day I decided I get one too, mine is looking to be a new SX-F though :-)

Right on! Lucky dogs! I would like to try one out some time. As they keep on making the small bore 4's more powerful and reliable and still manage to keep em passing a sound test, I get more and more interested in owning one. Yes even an orange one if its clearly above any other. I like the way the modern 4 stroke hooks up, and has virtually no engine braking. :applause:

Oh you won't have any trouble figuring it out, for Yogi rides an xr200. In fact Old School Jeff should be traveling up from Oregon country with his xr200 as well. Team xr200. That's what we'll be. Just look for the bike with the number plate which boasts "The little 200 that could".

Some day one of those KTM 250 4-bangers will have my name on it, but until then, I will make do. :applause:

Well, now I know. I have seen you in the past.

I'm guessing you know the xr 200 is virtually indestructible. If your waiting for it to breath its last breath before you get that new KTM 4 stroke, you may never throw a leg over anything other than that little 200 that could.:lol:

See ya at the Sparkplug! :applause:

I'm a recent PNW transplant and I'm wondering what to expect on this enduro. I'm a Vet B/C rider and have rid'n east coast rock runs in Pennsylvania and tight woods in New Jersey. Whats this run like?

Thanks

05 KTM 300 exc

I'm a recent PNW transplant and I'm wondering what to expect on this enduro. I'm a Vet B/C rider and have rid'n east coast rock runs in Pennsylvania and tight woods in New Jersey. Whats this run like?

Thanks

05 KTM 300 exc

Expect some tight woods, Single track carved through clear cuts, some two track, roots, and water

Also, expect a well run event with knowable enthusiastic people, friendly folks at the checks, a great bunch of people to ride with, and water.

I will be there!!!!!:applause:

Expect some tight woods, Single track carved through clear cuts, some two track, roots, and water

Also, expect a well run event with knowable enthusiastic people, friendly folks at the checks, a great bunch of people to ride with, and water.

I will be there!!!!!:applause:

Water!!! I not going then...:cry: ....:applause::lol:

I don't know!To see Dean actually buy a bike with valves would be like dean hooking up a pc and using it. That would be a very shocking day indeed!:applause:

Dean told me last night that he has to get a computer and an internet hookup. So the next step is getting him on something other than a 200! I don't think it's much longer before hell freezes over! :applause: