Sign in to follow this  

2 stroker, please help.........cant get it to run..?

well, my bike was running good, over the inwter i would take it out of the basement once a week and start it to keep everything going, and let it idle for 10 or so minutes. then a couple weekeneds ago, i took it to the local riding spot when it was 22*f out, and i didnt rejet the bike or anything, i could tell the bike was running rich, and ofcourse i fouled a plug. loaded upp the bike and came home. today i switched out the plug, and its still not starting. i can tell the oil just built up in the cylinder, like when i put in the new plug and kicked it over a couple times, it was soaked, and i mean soaked in black liquid. what can i do to fix this? should i pour a little bit of gas in their and try kicking it over or what? im lost.

well, my bike was running good, over the inwter i would take it out of the basement once a week and start it to keep everything going, and let it idle for 10 or so minutes. then a couple weekeneds ago, i took it to the local riding spot when it was 22*f out, and i didnt rejet the bike or anything, i could tell the bike was running rich, and ofcourse i fouled a plug. loaded upp the bike and came home. today i switched out the plug, and its still not starting. i can tell the oil just built up in the cylinder, like when i put in the new plug and kicked it over a couple times, it was soaked, and i mean soaked in black liquid. what can i do to fix this? should i pour a little bit of gas in their and try kicking it over or what? im lost.

i always put my thumb on the hole where the spark plug goes in when it is out of the cylinder and kick it over a few times to blow the crap out, then i kick it a few times without my thumb over the hole and then wipe off the crap that gets blown out.

did you change your gas? If you haven't I would do that before anything

he is saying there is gas in the cylinder, and he wants to know how to get it out

Remove plug and kick it over until no more fuel comes out. It will look like mist. Sometimes the petcock will leak fuel through, even in the off position, possibly filling the crankcase. this will cause continual "flooding" until all the fuel is cleared out. Good luck.

i know what your saying, but i cant get it out by just kicking it. its like its really thick because it was running so rich.

he is saying there is gas in the cylinder, and he wants to know how to get it out

Yeah I know, I was trying to help with the "not running" problem:thumbsup:

Make sure the bike is getting spark.

replace the gas.

Find a big hill- roll it down once without the plug in -in gear, gas off. (or kick your a@@ off)

Reinsert the plug, gas on and roll down again in gear. (or kick your a@@ off)

Move to a warm climate and ride all year...