Sign in to follow this  

Siezed an 06 On the trail - after cool down, feel fine but I know better, what next?

I was racing round 2 of the National Enduro series in Coalinga Ca, the race was actually over for the A vet class, but the last test section was required if you want overall points, I normally do not get overall points, but a few times I "squeak" out some so i went for it. I was actually loving the really technical trails, but the hills and mud were taking a toll on my kwacker. I ran into a friend, who was stuck real bad, I stopped ot help him out, then we became a team to make it to the end. I was waiting for him on the other side of a off camber hill and I shut the bike off (mistake 2:bonk: , number one was attempting this section) and a puff of steam erupts. A few minutes later when I go to start the bike, the kick starter is really crunchy . As I watched 40 minutes of steaming bikes slide by as I let her cool. I would occastionaly try to restart my bike. every 10 minutes it would get easier and then finally I could kick it throuhg but it would not start. I tried about 10 times to make sure I was in neutral but being on the side of a hill, with 50+ pounds of mud on me and the bike, it was not sure of anything except I wanted out of this jungle. I pulled the clutch, gave her a kick and she fired right up :applause: and I limped out of the woods back to the pits. I was very gentle to the bike after this incident but even a small blip of the throttle felt repsonsive. I even thouhgt at one point the clutch was shot, but it was so slick I could not tell. I run a Motion Pro coolant recovery bottle (fits right between the radiators) and it has NEVER pissed out until this day. When I went to check the level in the radiator after the bike cooled, i could still see coolant.

Ok that is probably more detail then you needed , but if you made it this far, can you give me some advice? I am a 15 year 2 stroke convert and 4 strokes are kinda foreign, but I assume I need to check the piston, rings and head gasket, the clutch and the valve clearnace and the cams. Jeese is thier anything left?

After all that abuse tear it down and give it a good look, replace the worn/broke stuff,