Sign in to follow this  

Helmet cam questions

And no I do not feel like searching. If you don't want to answer, don't.

As far as the cam corder goes, my Sony has the plug at a right angle. Very inconvenient. What are the current trends for the best really small camcorder. Has to be tough. Baja tough. Maybe a Mini Dvr? But they cannot remote start, correct?

Thanks

Look at the Samsung Sportscam. Size of a pack of smokes, remote on/off pwr and rec. This one gets a bad rap for video quality but I've managed to get it looking pretty good. I think when we view someone's vid online, most of the quality issues are in the treatment of the files once in the pooter.

luck,

r

I use an Archos AV500 pvr for a recording device and I have a couple of different "Helmet" type cameras. The Archos does pretty well for quality (not as good as a MiniDV camcorder) but the Archos is also a MP3 player, has no moving parts (compared to a camcorder), is small, battery lasts several hours etc... The Archos pvr has no LANC but it can be programmed like a VCR to record at a particular time and a particular duration. I like to set it to record for about 2.5 hours total but with 15 minute recordings. That way the digital files sizes are easier to edit and/or delete and transfer to you're computer. I used a camcorder before the Archos but destroyed the camcorder in about 3 months. I've been using the Archos since Christmas 2005 (Christmas gift). I like it alot. There are other PVR's out there but I've never used any of the other brands. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions (not that I'm an expert but I have spent alot of time and money fiddling with this whole helmet cam thing).

l8r

Jerry

And no I do not feel like searching. If you don't want to answer, don't.

As far as the cam corder goes, my Sony has the plug at a right angle. Very inconvenient. What are the current trends for the best really small camcorder. Has to be tough. Baja tough. Maybe a Mini Dvr? But they cannot remote start, correct?

Thanks