Sign in to follow this  

Anyone racing...

for the first time this season? This will be my first season ever racing...........not sure what to expect....im not too sure if im more nervous or more anxious:crazy:

This wont be my first time racing but it will be my first full season, I feel like I can Pull top 5 in points this season.

I rode a bike for the first time 5 months ago and I'll be racing this year. The first race was supposed to be on Sunday but it was rained out.

i think im more anxious then nervous. i've been riding for 2 years now and i think its time now. happy racing:ride:

for the first time this season? This will be my first season ever racing...........not sure what to expect....im not too sure if im more nervous or more anxious:crazy:

Try to go to pratice as often as possible, if the track/s have practice days. Always look past the guy in front of you, don't get tunnel vision or focus on the guys back tire. Have fun, you will be more relaxed that way and will ride better because of it.

yea my first practice of my first season i lined up with everyone else and I thought to myself what the hell am i doin, but I garntee youll love it racing is the closest you can get to being in heaven

I ran my first race last spring after about a year on a bike. I got smoked was frustrated and did not have a whole lot of fun. The rest of the summer I just saved my money on racing and went to as many practices as I could. I ran my second race at the end of the summer finished middle of the pack in my class and had a great time. So my advice is to get as much practice as you can and don't rush into racing. If I had it to do over again I would get three or four practice days on the track before trying to race on it.

Sunday is my first poker run.. Only been riding for half a year so I am gonna enter a class so low that the kiddies will be whooping my ass :applause:

But as long as I do not get hurt, get covered in mud and have a blast I will consider myself a winner :applause:

At least that is what my mom told me! he he

I'm gonna try to race this season to. I am nervous, jumping right into the 250/450f class. My uncle owns the track so I guess I have the advantage.:applause:

For you off-road guys, treat that first race like a trail ride with your buds. You will be really amped up and if you focus on trying to go fast and race, you will pump up, make mistakes and not have much fun.

Go to the starting line relaxed. Ride your normal, solid trail ride pace you ride with your friends and I promise you will have more fun and finish better.

Get to the track a little early so you can be ready without being rushed.

Have Fun.:applause:

Will you be racing mx or scrambles?

My advice is this:

Be pyhsically prepared. Lots of cardio...and hit the weights 2 or 3 times a week.

Begin hydrating yourself 4 or 5 days before the race...NOT the night before.

Practice practice practice - even if it is not on the track you will be racing. Most of the time it is not feasible for me to practice on the track/woods that I will be racing on. I try to at least walk the course in the morning, and TALK to people who have more experience than you.

Just try to FINISH. Just finishing your first race (for hare scrambles) or making the main (mx) are great goals to have.

I posted this in another thread, but it has more usefull application here. My first race story:

I entered my first race on Sunday in the 25+ begineer class. I haven't been riding long. I just got my bike in January. My stepson's been racing 50s since July, so I've been around the tracks getting the itch to race. At first I wasn't sure if I should even be out there, but I was conviced by another racer to run. During practice I got lapped on the 2nd lap by the Juniors. In the 1st moto, I made it to the 4th of 5 laps before I got passed by the 4 front runners. I was mostly concentrating on my turns and form. And, making sure I wasn't a threat to others' safety. I rolled most of the jumps at first. In practice I came up on a double at a speed too fast to roll it and planted the front wheell into the face of the next jump. The forks soaked it up, and I went on at my awkward pace. Having that happen gave me a more confidence in the bike to do its job and took away some of my fears. By the end of my moto, I wasn't rolling any jumps. Not getting huge air, but building up everytime around. I'm still not sure if I should be out there, but the other guys are telling me it's the only way I'm really going to learn anything.

Did I metion I had a blast and didn't cause any wrecks. That was my main goal.

Having a blast....not hurting yourself or others.....getting better every lap....thats what its all about.....

this is my first season going grand prix's already did the first race and got 23rd out of 30. the 7 people behind me didn't finish. i'm going to sit out this next one though cause during on of the many times i crashed the first race i nailed my knee hard enough to cause fluid build up. made 2 7 mile loops though and had a really good time.

Hopefully going to start again sometime this season. It's been 3 years since I raced (85s) and I really miss it!