Sign in to follow this  

Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey i just go thtis bike and it acually is sweet. it is hard to find parts for(engine dress up kit ECT.) thats why i am asking you guys to help me out

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF UPGRADES I SHOULD GET!!!!!!!!!!!

i already have a rear shock graphice airfilter and tires

Picture164.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture155.jpg

I suggest you oil that air filter :-)

Other than that, go for the basic universal stuff like grips, throttle, levers, graphics...an oil cooler for those hot Arizona summers...

A new brake lever and shifter would prolly help the "feel" of the bike as well as those mentioned above.

get a foam airfilter instead of the paper one...

i cant recommend you any exhaust because i am not sure if they will fit your bike(on knockoffs its hit or miss)

i would think the graphics from a xrf50 would work. check out www.xr50.com

Dude, get rid of the rear brake lever... it looks funky. Get a uni dual foam element polyurethane filter and oil it properly.

Get a full chain guide instead of that shark flipper flap thing a-muh-bob.

They only support the chain from one side. A boxed full guide is much better.

TT store should be able to take care of your needs.

You can also toss the chain slider and put something on there that's thicker and going to last. I went with delrin and nylon cutting boards for my "wearables". They look good and last much longer. It just depends on how much tooling you want to do and how good you are with your mechanical skills.

Delrin is some pretty kick ass stuff and it even comes in different colors, suit yourself.

Not all of this is considered upgrages but do it anyway:

-re-route or clamp down that rear brake line, it's going to get tore up in a crash

-get an ignition/flywheel cover that has a cutout and exposes the cs sprocket for easy cleaning

and sprocket changes, they look kick ass too!

-adjust/check throttle, clutch and brake free play

-remove and antiseize compound the threads on the spark plug (9ft lb torque)

-lube throttle and clutch cables

-check your drive chain slack

-check your valve lash, honda says .002" inch but I find .003" in is better

-billet aluminum throttles have a nice feel

-get a spoke wrench and religiously check your spokes!

-grease your steering stem bearings, replace with taper roller bearing if you desire

-grease your axle and swing arm pivot bolts

-grease your rear brake pedal pivot

-check the torque on the cylinder head bolts (8-9ft lbs)

-spray the intake gaskets with carb cleaner or wd-40 while running and check for intake leaks

-antisieze the tripple clamp fork tube bolts

-loctite and paint mark across any fasteners that are prone to loosening

especially the exhaust to frame mounting bolt and caliper bolts

-flush out the gas tank if you experience and carb related issues, make absolutely sure the tank is 100% dry before re-fueling

This should keep you busy for a while.

Just a FYI, Watch the swing arm for cracks, this is the same bike as the Skyteam, I have seen a few swingarms of this model fold in half. Keep and eye on it.

Same thing here Pitster. They break right at the weld in front of the chain adjusters.

And don't oil that paper filter. Filter oil will make that type filter very restrictive. Like someone else alread said, get a Uni dual stage foam filter.

They only issue we have seen with that Borrem model was also with the swingarm breaking. Back in the day we used to buy a lot of pocket bikes from Borrem. They had some of the better ones on the market. But, we have not tried any of their dirt bikes.

That's what happens when you buy a chinese bike unfortunatley.

I had a sikk mx that the tranny blew up on and almost got me killed.

I hate to think how many of these pitster owners may be riding time bombs.

I hope for their sakes the trannies are better in them than the sikk but honestly I hear the motors come out of the same factory in china. :applause:

I hope for their sakes the trannies are better in them than the sikk but honestly I hear the motors come out of the same factory in china. :applause:

Don't make assumption. All Chinese motors do not come out of the same factory. Some are lower quality then others. And not all Chinese bikes are made with the same quality either.