Sign in to follow this  

thinking of offering another end cap option , what do you think ?

I think the cone looks good. But I kinda like the look of the regular endcaps you have been making already. Actually Dave, I think I need to get ahold of you so you can build me one of those dual systems for my 450.

yea I like them both , I think its good to have a choice too , 450 duals , those are allot of work :applause: but I can do it :applause:

I love it Dave. I have a machinist living across the street that is struggling right now. Want me to talk to him? BTW , I want one, like now!

I need to find a guy that makes two stroke pipes the old way and get him to roll up these cones cheep , I will let you know when they are available , the only one is on my kids bike , he will cry if I give it away :applause:

Ok sounds good dave. I will have to figure out what to do with my dmc that redbeard talked me into (and that I have absolutely loved, just so you know I'm not bashing dmc). but I'm ready for something new, and have been pondering your system for a year now....:applause:

Ok sounds good dave. I will have to figure out what to do with my dmc that redbeard talked me into (and that I have absolutely loved, just so you know I'm not bashing dmc). but I'm ready for something new, and have been pondering your system for a year now....:applause:

I have friends at DMC , good pipes , they wont be too mad if you want to try the mrd :applause:

That DMC is a beast, plain and simple, but I've realized that I'm not a hard hitting bottom end slugger, I like a smoother bottom end with a healthy mid accompanied by a mach 3 top end pull. That is why I love Dave's stuff. I can tailor it it to where I want the power. Not only that but if I change my mind, I just call Mr. Dave and get a different headpipe and I'm peachy!

Dave, you truly are a gem! :applause:

That is why I love Dave's stuff. I can tailor it it to where I want the power. Not only that but if I change my mind, I just call Mr. Dave and get a different headpipe and I'm peachy!

that's just it right there! switch out the pipe for the woods and you have a lugger.... Go to the track and you can rap it out... might just have to look at the finances this week and have dave build me a couple pipes. :applause:

That is another bitchin' aspect! You can basically get two pipes from MRD for the price of a moderately priced exhaust from any other company. Order up a system from Dave with a bottom/mid and a mid/top headpipe and SHABANG, you have an exhaust for any occasion and it's still the same or cheaper than competing brands!

Did I mention that Dave is...

1. My Hero

2. A Badass

3. An Inspiration

4. Amazingly successful

5. A Lady-Killer!!!

That is another bitchin' aspect! You can basically get two pipes from MRD for the price of a moderately priced exhaust from any other company. Order up a system from Dave with a bottom/mid and a mid/top headpipe and SHABANG, you have an exhaust for any occasion and it's still the same or cheaper than competing brands!

Did I mention that Dave is...

1. My Hero

2. A Badass

3. An Inspiration

4. Amazingly successful

5. A Lady-Killer!!!

lol , holy moly you must really want one of those cone end caps

lol , holy moly you must really want one of those cone end caps

I do like the end cap but I gotta give credit where credit is due and you, my friend, are one kewl mutha trucker. If I lived in Cali I'd be at your shop hasslin' you on a daily basis! If given the chance I might even be willing to hold onto your belt loop for a short period of time!

Well, not really, but you get what I'm sayin'!

Oh crap, I have turned this thread gay, haven't I !?! :applause:

I do like the end cap but I gotta give credit where credit is due and you, my friend, are one kewl mutha trucker. If I lived in Cali I'd be at your shop hasslin' you on a daily basis! If given the chance I might even be willing to hold onto your belt loop for a short period of time!

Well, not really, but you get what I'm sayin'!

Oh crap, I have turned this thread gay, haven't I !?! :applause:

come on , I dont start threads very often , try not to turn it gay :applause:

come on , I dont start threads very often , try not to turn it gay :applause:

I apologize. I just can't help it! You just happen to be the cat's pajamas! A giant among men, even!

Are you getting embarrassed yet? :applause:

I apologize. I just can't help it! You just happen to be the cat's pajamas! A giant among men, even!

Are you getting ebarrassed yet? :applause:

nah , my skin is like leather , partly because I so damn old :applause:

nah , my skin is like leather , partly because I so damn old :applause:

That's interesting you say that. When I was 18 I got my first tattoo, first of many, and the guy said I had "skin harder than a 90 year old Rhino". When I asked him how he could guage such a thing he just smiled, sorta made me feel uneasy!

Anyway, when can I get one uv dem caps, or do I need to gnaw one outuva piece of billet myself? :applause:

I need to find a guy that makes two stroke pipes the old way and get him to roll up these cones cheep

Hey Dave,

I used to cut, roll, beat round and weld sheet metal into cones & pipes back in the 70's for FMF. It's not rocket science but there is defiantly a technique to it. Do you have a roller?

Hey Dave,

I used to cut, roll, beat round and weld sheet metal into cones & pipes back in the 70's for FMF. It's not rocket science but there is defiantly a technique to it. Do you have a roller?

oh yea , thats cool , I do have a roller , and I can and will probably end up making a few more until I find a source, :applause: but its like you say there's an art to it ,

If you have a roller, all you need is a cone shaped anvil and a rubber mallet. It would take a day and 10-20 tries to train a low $ kid to do it. I'd try and get my kid to do it but I know how that goes.

By the way. I stopped by your house on the way to the river last year to pick up a pipe. Awesome pipe! I really like the way the silencer tucks in and doesn't hang way out there. The fit and construction kinda reminds me of the bare bones factory pipes we used to build at FMF except they were only 2 stroke pipes back then.

I think they look great and I think you need to send one to me to test out for you. Huh? huh? LOL