Sign in to follow this  

TTR 225 footpegs . .need help

I have a 01 225 and love the bike, BUT the footpegs suck. I thought I found some for the 225 on E-Bay but they do not fit. What is everyone else doing for larger footpegs? None of the companies carry aftermarket pegs for this bike.

The footpegs on eBay are the ones made by Bill Stewart in Kittanning PA for the XT225. Won't they interchange? I have them on my XT225 and they are a HUGE improvement.

The footpegs on eBay are the ones made by Bill Stewart in Kittanning PA for the XT225. Won't they interchange? I have them on my XT225 and they are a HUGE improvement.

I am not sure...... Most all of the parts are identicle between the 2 bikes. The rims and hubs and spokes however I do know vary ever so slightly. This is from experience in replacing the heavy junky steel rims that got bent on my wife's 225 when a friend rode it. I was hoping it would be just interchangable however it wasnt. The HUBs are slightly different, so I had to unlace the tire and relace it, well I found that the spokes on the xt rim were 1cm longer than the ttr spokes and that the nipples were not interchangeable either the TTR has slightly larger nipples.

Long story short it has the ttr spokes and hub with the XT nipples and rim. Its an aluminum rim about 1/3 the eight of the old rim. I am now looking for the rear rim :applause: