Sign in to follow this  

07' valve issues 4.8 hours IN!!!

so i checked my valves tonight and something is off, i measured my intake valves i couldnt get 0.10 in so i tried 9, 8 and i could only slide a 0.07 in!

and this is only 4.8 hours in!

&%$#@! is going on guys?

Note, the bike has been running amazing and i have only started to ride it to its full potential in the last hour. Wouldnt a clearance of 0.07 make the bike run crap?

By mistake i took the cam caps off but relised i didnt need too, i put the back on and the measurements are the same, so i didnt think the problem was me fiddling around with the caps..

PLease help!

it was probably tight out of the factory...did u check ur valves when u got the bike....after 4.5 hrs...thats reallly tight..the spec is .10-.15

I wouldn't worry about it. My intake valves on an '05 KX250F measured .078 after 5 hours. I shimmed them to .103 and they stayed there for over 80 hours.

Just a note, NOT ADVICE! I run (int) .005 (ex) .007

max intake/exhaust lift possible while maintaining clearance. Keep in mind though I check valve clearance as a maintenance measure.

My thought on OEM valve clearance specs is that, the factory knows theres going to be some stretching/wear and they give you room for it, IE: they don't want you having starting issues a week after you buy a new bike...

i have bought 2 KX250F new 05 and 06. Both had tight valves from factory so reshim it then its fine.

Racer24 and Nystrom are right.Same thing with my bike.They tighten up after break in or the factory ships em tight or lose. Reshim them and youll be fine.

KX250JP,what are you talking about?Your way off the chart.must be a typo?

specs are .10mm~.15mm for intakes

yea those are right..when i saw wat stallion said i couldn't see wat he was talking about :applause:

Yeah never mind.I get confused with this mm stuff when you through in the last number instead of rounding up..078 .103?=.08 .10 duh:banghead: Did I get it right?