Sign in to follow this  

Carpal Tunnel Release

Dr. Mark, thanks for all your advice to everyone here. I went to see my Ortho today. According to all your posts and info., I wanted to hear him say I would be doing well in 3 weeks. Well he did, said I could go back to work after the procedure if I wanted. Said I would be sore for 4 to 6 weeks, but he reassured me how simple it was going to be. Thanks again.

Are you gonna sue Playboy? But seriously my dad had severe carpal tunnel and it took him about a year to get back to 100%

LMAO...if you get an endoscopic carpal tunnel release, you will be back to riding in no time....

I had the surgery a few years ago. The result was incredible, riding w/o numb hands! Took almost 3 month to fully recover well enough to get back on the bike.

I had the surgery a few years ago. The result was incredible, riding w/o numb hands! Took almost 3 month to fully recover well enough to get back on the bike.

That sounds encouraging to me. I'm only 7 weeks out on my surgery and my hand is twice as numb as it ever was. Maybe I just need to give it more time to heal. I'm going trail riding tomorrow to see how it holds up under pressure. One of my doctors said ride the bike and the other one said dont ride the bike. I'm taking the advice of the first doc.:applause:

I had the surgery last Friday, went to work 10 hrs after surgery. Had the stitches out yesterday and I am feeling great. I have no numbness at all. I could ride tomorrow if there wasn't a foot of snow on the ground.

I had the surgery last Friday, went to work 10 hrs after surgery. Had the stitches out yesterday and I am feeling great. I have no numbness at all. I could ride tomorrow if there wasn't a foot of snow on the ground.
Not open cts release. I do not think u r that tough. First off, u would rip the sutures right out of your hand if u tried to ride. what r you John Waynes talking about?

Listen to this, CTR on Tuesday this past week, new bike in the stable today, 55 degrees on Sunday,hummmmmmmmmmm:excuseme:

Not open cts release. I do not think u r that tough. First off, u would rip the sutures right out of your hand if u tried to ride. what r you John Waynes talking about?

I drove a loader snowplowing after the surgery. Don't have to be John Wayne to do that, I was just making a point that it was no big deal. And no, the stitches didn't pull out till the doc took them out a week later.

We ride dirtbikes. Amost all of us guys that are over thirty, and absolutely all of us that are over 40 are tough as nails. Most carpal tunnel surgery is done on little old ladies.

Whether its done endoscopically or through a mini open approach, there should be nothing preventing us from riding by three weeks.

Don't compare carpal tunnel surgery with a spine fusion or an ACL/PCL repair.

Hello.for cts (medium level, right hand) may be a good idea to use Flexx bar or is better to use a stock renthal bar? What is useful to drink, or to eat, or something else, for the summmer months thinking (eventually) to surgery in the autumn?

Thanks