Sign in to follow this  

which is right for me?

:applause: hey, i am 5'8" 175 pounds. i havea ttr 125, and would like to get rid of it and buy a larger two stroke 125. ex: cr125, yz125 rm125. whichi bike would be good for me, size wise. i want to do a little motocross, but mostly woods and trails, considering that i live in New hampshire. i would love as much imput as possible. Thanks!

-sam

i would say the yz..because they are easy to maintain..as well as being fast. be careful though, this thread is about to become an argument lol..just pick a color really

Yes, the yz125, and if you want a little more power of that 2 stroke, contact LA Sleve and get it bored out to a 144, still totally legal for racing also.

Or any of the 250f's, they are all great.

I am exactly your size and weight, and I have seat time on all the Japanese 125 smokers. The are fast, fun, super light, and parts are silly cheap. All are good, and I think the main issue is what you can get the best deal on. The only thing you might want to consider is that while the Honda is super sweet in the steering and suspension department, it only has a 5 speed. That can get a little tedious on wide open trails, etc. If the trails are tight, the five speed is fine. On all these bikes you may want to add a tooth or two to the rear sproket for tight trails. My personal 125 smoker at present is an 04 RM. But I could be happy with any of them! No experience with the KTM, but it sure looks nice.

i am your size and weight and we had a yz125, great bike but we changed to a 250f and it was night and day better. if you don't want a 4stroke than any color will be fun but we had no problems with our 2001 yz. good luck and just find the best deal, the bikes are all better than the rider regardless of color.