Sign in to follow this  

scotts damper on gasgas

does any 1 have a different post to this??

114.jpg

im not 100% happy on this one or is this the post you have to use without going underbar???????? any help

same one i got. im guessing your referring to taking off the tank is what makes you unhappy?

the post i got looks more like this one

466.jpg

id probly be happy with that one (1st pic) now ive looked at the one they got me in.

there is no way im putting this post on my bike it would be embarrising

I have a different one. No pic yet, I'm at work. Mine doesn't cover the tank bolt and I can take my tank off without removing the post.

Thats because if you have an '06, the tank does not come as close to the steering head and its a non issue. The bike in the first post is an '03 or older.

That first post looks odd, like its designed for clearance thats not needed. Perhaps its a newer steel frame Yamaha YZ post. Scotts used to sell the original YZ posts for the GasGas. They had additional clearance for the YZ T clamp and not enough clamping area causing them to slip.

I have the post pictured on the FSE, which is the GG specific post, and it works fine.

^ that's what the one on my 04 200 looked like.

I don't remember any issues with taking the tank on and off (3.2 gal. Clarke)

Sorry guys it came on my bike when i purchased it. Dont have part numbers or anything :applause: