Sign in to follow this  

Tell me about the 06/07 TC450

I am interested in these bikes. I want to get away from Honda Yami... so on. I really dont know much about these bikes. I sure like the way the newer ones look. So let me know whats up with these bikes, hows the engine, suspension, handling, frame, breaks, clutch.....you get the point. Anyways thanks for the input.

07 has auto de comp added to make starts butter easy. Black rims look good too. 06 is a good buy and auto de comp can be added to it. Suspension needs to be reworked just as all bikes do these days. Pipe is good, bike comes carburated for SO. Calif from factory now, almost 98% spot on. Still has 70 watt lighting coil for lights. Owner of GP Husqvarna in San Diego, Paul Lima, motos weekly up at Elisonor and Amago tracks on his 07 Tc 450. Call him for his thoughts.

GP has an 06 TC 450 shop bike on the floor by the way. Ask for Josh.:applause: :applause:

07 has auto de comp added to make starts butter easy. Black rims look good too. 06 is a good buy and auto de comp can be added to it. Suspension needs to be reworked just as all bikes do these days. Pipe is good, bike comes carburated for SO. Calif from factory now, almost 98% spot on. Still has 70 watt lighting coil for lights. Owner of GP Husqvarna in San Diego, Paul Lima, motos weekly up at Elisonor and Amago tracks on his 07 Tc 450. Call him for his thoughts.

GP has an 06 TC 450 shop bike on the floor by the way. Ask for Josh.:applause: :applause:

My 06 bike have a autodecomp, even my old 2005 and 2004 bikes did have autodecomp.

I have a Tc450-07 and this is what I have to say about it:

1. The clutch is extremely good, I´ve tried the Ktm sxf450-07 and that one is not even close to the Husky..

2. It´s very easy to start, IF you do it right..

3. It´s the most beautiful bike I have ever seen, alot of people is looking at me on the track for sure..

4. I like the powerband, the engine feels great.. So does the suspension for now..

But I have only ridden it for 5 hours now so the suspension hasn´t broken in yet..

// Anders

Does the 07 require the old thumper drill as my 06 does? Find TDC on comp, push past it and kick? I was hoping to hear an improved auto decomp would allow just care free kicking. Thanks, Jim.

Does the 07 require the old thumper drill as my 06 does? Find TDC on comp, push past it and kick? I was hoping to hear an improved auto decomp would allow just care free kicking. Thanks, Jim.

Sir no sir..

If you want to be sure it starts then you may use the "old thumper drill", but it starts almost as easy when you just kick it.. Great!.. :applause:

// Anders

Nope, although the Manual tells you to do it that way.

If I was staying in the "Open" class, I would keep mine because I like the suspension better than the 2005 TC 450's I had (and I had 2 of them).

I only rode about 1 1/2 to 2 Hours on mine and the Rear Shock is really good, not that the Sachs was bad on the '05's.

It's on the TT Classifieds right now...........................

When I said our 07 Tc 450 starts as easy as butter, what I meant was the weight of our feet started it. With our 06, we had to find TDC and whack it thru once or twice sometimes (what they refer to sometimes as the XR 600 starting method since so many of us had XR 600s) and it started right up.

With this 07, we let the weight of our feet drop the starter ( 5 of us each tried it) and the bike started first drop. Paul showed us this on the bike stand in the shop and it works in the field as well. We now have ES, so kicking isn't needed as much. The 07 auto de comp will retro to the 06 TC 450 and 510s Husky says.:applause:

My dealer is going to make a call to see how to and what is needed. I wouldn't mind the convienence of easier kicking but I really hate the kick back she gives if it dosen't get all the way through, quite a pop in her. Jim.

The 07 Auto De Comp # was in the Husky micro fish back in December at GP Husky. I saw it on Paul's desk while he was looking at it. They hadn't started sending them out back then though. The 07 TC 450 starts 100% easier than the 06 TC 450. No kick back at all, no TDC 1st, just let the weight of your foot start the bike!:applause:

Can the 06's be retrofitted w/ the '07 Auto Decomp? I've had the hard starting huskies for years, I want it to be eaaaaaasy now.... :applause:

Anyone have the part # needed to retrofit the 06 TC450? Simple bolt in or major PITA, I'll do it either way, do not need the kick back breaking something off in there. Thanks, Jim.