05 exhast recomend

what exhast do you guys recoment for my 05 crf450r.

what are you looking for performance/use wise? You get a ton of different answers...but IMO, MRD is the way to go:thumbsup: www.mrd-racing.com Dave will custom build it to your specification/needs, has a warranty that nobody can beat (you break it, he'll fix it at no charge:applause: ) and is yet the cheapest on the market.:applause:

I really like my BIG GUN EVOX...More power everywhere and added a ton of over-rev..

I would consider the MRD set up IF,,,,,, Your stock header is messed up. If not, save some money & get a slip-on. Honda really did their homework and the stock header is really good. Opinions my vary, but, look at the Dynos of any pipe shootout on the CRF 450. The other brands show substantial gains while Honda, only shows slight ones. Why? Because it's clear Honda did a better job of designing their system than the competition did. Good luck on your decision..

The other brands show substantial gains while Honda, only shows slight ones. Why? Because it's clear Honda did a better job of designing their system than the competition did. Good luck on your decision..

:applause: so you are saying you don't like to get higher gains?? Personally I like more bang for my buck...if I get something aftermarket, it better give me what I want which is more power everywhere and more ever-rev, that's what I got with MRD...and had I not been satisfied, Dave would have fixed it until I was happy. How can one not be happy with that :applause:

^^ I' L L G O S L O W E R F O R Y O U O K.... Thats not what was meant at all:bonk: . I'm saying this. If you bought a new RMZ 450 that had say 45 Hp. and you put say a whatever brand pipe on it and got 50 Hp. You would think," Wow! What a difference" and " Man,, my stock pipe was pretty crappy!" But, if you bought a CRF 450 that has 50 Hp. and say you put whatever brand pipe on it and got 52 Hp. you'd think " Wow! My new pipe helped out" & " My stock pipe was pretty good, but".. Pretty much all pipes for the Honda do very little power increasing and alot of power re-arranging. Do you know why? Because Honda did a really good job with the stocker. Is it perfect? NO.. Is it alot better than say Suzuki's stocker? Heck Ya it is! If you dint get my point now,,, that's fine,, and it wont bother me if you NEVER get it. After all," Some people just don't get it!" Make sure you wear your helmet, K buddy.....:applause:

One time I ran my CRF450R with no muffler, just the headpipe! Dang it was sweet! It shot flames, was louder than a Harley and pissed all my neighbors off! Nuthin cooler if you ask me. It also felt like the top end was a little stronger but it was hard to tell because I was so focused on rutting out my neighbors lawn and dodging the 5-0.

One time I ran my CRF450R with no muffler, just the headpipe! Dang it was sweet! It shot flames, was louder than a Harley and pissed all my neighbors off! Nuthin cooler if you ask me. It also felt like the top end was a little stronger but it was hard to tell because I was so focused on rutting out my neighbors lawn and dodging the 5-0.

I really hope your kidding. It may have sounded sweet, but pissing off your neighbors and 'ruttin out their lawns' won't fly where I'm from. :applause: (not to mention the bad name it give to dirt bikers all over; or the rights we get revoked becaues of such actions). But maybe you weren't really being serious. :applause:

I really hope your kidding. It may have sounded sweet, but pissing off your neighbors and 'ruttin out their lawns' won't fly where I'm from.? (not to mention the bad name it give to dirt bikers all over; or the rights we get revoked becaues of such actions). But maybe you weren't really being serious. :applause:

Oh, I'm serious! Dead serious; like the neighbors cat that I knocked off during that spree!

:applause:

I'm keeping the stock one on my newly purchased '05. I'm coming from a 250F and the 450 already has more power than I need right now. Plus I'd rather spend money on suspension. *But* if and when I do go for a new system, it will be a CHM. Had their exhaust on my '05 KX250F and was very impressed with fit/finish/performance/price.

If I was paying retail, I would go with MRD. Having said that, I found a brand new complete system Big Gun EVOr on Ebay for 170 bucks. It took probably a month and loosing a couple of auctions. But it was the best deal. If I was in a hurry and there were no deals to find, I would definitly go with MRD. Do your homework.

besides this he had Jerry Jeff Walker belting out Redneck Mother in his ears (from the ipod he always rides with) :applause:

how do u mount an ipod for riding----i have wireless headphones but the ipod i have is a ipod video80gb----any ideas---i teseted the headphones under my helmet and all is good there-----where do i put an ipod video safely????

try your pocket, or a small backpack

thats amazing. my friend and i did that with his warrior... yeah we set of some car alarms :applause: . i remember back when i had a ttr125. the exhaust was one complete piece, so to run open header i just took the entire thing off and ran it open cylinder ? . the think sounded weird, like it was bubbling. probably wasnt good for the motor. ?:applause:?