Sign in to follow this  

put new carb in 2003 kx85 and..........

I bought my daughter a nice used KX85. Bike ran good and had "GOOD" color on the plug....also seemed to smoke a little too much, with some oil running down siliencer. Well i had a "BRAND NEW" PWK 28 carb for a 2006 KX85...The only difference i think is the 1/2 moon cutout on the slide is a little differnt, suppose to have better responce....so i swapped out the carbs and also installed a BR9EIX "iridum" plug, running stock jetting 140/45 and about 1.25 turns out on air screw. Bike Runs Great...cant really tell any differnce in preformance. But have noticed that bike dose'nt seem to smoke much at all now. Same tank of gas, differnt plug and new carb clip in #2 old carb clip in #1, running same 140/45 jets...With only 20-25 minutes of riding i pulled the plug and it seemed a little lean insulater was a little smokey looking....how long does it take to get "color"?????

2003 kx85

Alt 300'

Temp 45-65

32:1 pump gas/BelRay

stock jetting 140/45 #2 clip pos

Thanks

I had a 2001 kx100 and didn't change the plug for over 2 years. Now changed it because I'm tryin to sell it and it sits and has to start in the cold a lot.

But once you put in a NEW plug, how long will it take to get the TAN COLOR if everything is set right???? I know if its real rich you can run one 20 minutes and it'll be black.

But once you put in a NEW plug, how long will it take to get the TAN COLOR if everything is set right???? I know if its real rich you can run one 20 minutes and it'll be black.
I'd say aproximately 10-15 hrs of riding.